Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

Cute chicks
love.gif
Sorry about the others though
hugs.gif

I'm don't think that I will get 100% hoping for 90-80% I'm pretty sure I set 42 eggs so that would be a bunch of chicks! Not that I'll care <3 But I've heard a lot of bad about the 'bator I have, but so far so good
fl.gif

Since I set my eggs at 8am on December 4th, would I consider 8am Christmas morning beginning of day 21? I want to get the timing down right so I don't lockdown a day early.

Day 21 should be the 25th, if I calculated correctly :) What breed are you hatching?

Cute chicks :love   Sorry about the others though :hugs

I'm don't think that I will get 100% hoping for 90-80% I'm pretty sure I set 42 eggs so that would be a bunch of chicks! Not that I'll care <3 But I've heard a lot of bad about the 'bator I have, but so far so good :fl

Thank you. Good luck with 42 eggs. What type of bator do you have? (Sorry if you posted that before and I missed it :p )

I have a used Farm Innovators. I've heard a lot of bad about them, but I must be doing alright, when I candled out of curiosity tonight there was veining
jumpy.gif
And I had a SBEL and I only had 4 newer eggs from her and all of them have veining.
fl.gif

When are yours due? I probably read when all ready but I can't remember.
I had posted this.

And it is used with a faint smoke smell that I did my best to get rid of.

Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind if I join in. I set 24 eggs about 9pm on the 3rd, so they should hopefully hatch late night Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
This will be my second hatch. I have a still air little giant. The first hatch was a lesson in what not to do. I had just got a rooster, and decided to go buy an incubator and give it a whirl. How hard could hatching chickens be right? I proceeded to put one egg into the bator per day for the next two and a half weeks before finding this forum. WHOOPS! Lol.
I still actually managed to get 7 out of 18 to hatch, but had a lot of weak chicks with really bad feet. Now I'm down to 3 and they are 12 week old happy healthy pullets.

Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind if I join in. I set 24 eggs about 9pm on the 3rd, so they should hopefully hatch late night Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
This will be my second hatch. I have a still air little giant. The first hatch was a lesson in what not to do. I had just got a rooster, and decided to go buy an incubator and give it a whirl. How hard could hatching chickens be right? I proceeded to put one egg into the bator per day for the next two and a half weeks before finding this forum. WHOOPS! Lol.
I still actually managed to get 7 out of 18 to hatch, but had a lot of weak chicks with really bad feet. Now I'm down to 3 and they are 12 week old happy healthy pullets.
Welcome! And good luck with your hatch!

I had posted this.

And it is used with a faint smoke smell that I did my best to get rid of.

I have never have used farm innovators. Good luck in your hatch :)
Hi everyone.  I hope you don't mind if I join in.  I set 24 eggs about 9pm on the 3rd, so they should hopefully hatch late night Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
This will be my second hatch.  I have a still air little giant.  The first hatch was a lesson in what not to do.  I had just got a rooster, and decided to go buy an incubator and give it a whirl.  How hard could hatching chickens be right?  I proceeded to put one egg into the bator per day for the next two and a half weeks before finding this forum.  WHOOPS!  Lol.
I still actually managed to get 7 out of 18 to hatch, but had a lot of weak chicks with really bad feet.  Now I'm down to 3 and they are 12 week old happy healthy pullets.

Welcome!

Will all of your chicks be crosses that your hatching then?

:jumpy :jumpy

Last edited:
Hi everyone.  I hope you don't mind if I join in.  I set 24 eggs about 9pm on the 3rd, so they should hopefully hatch late night Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
This will be my second hatch.  I have a still air little giant.  The first hatch was a lesson in what not to do.  I had just got a rooster, and decided to go buy an incubator and give it a whirl.  How hard could hatching chickens be right?  I proceeded to put one egg into the bator per day for the next two and a half weeks before finding this forum.  WHOOPS!  Lol.
I still actually managed to get 7 out of 18 to hatch, but had a lot of weak chicks with really bad feet.  Now I'm down to 3 and they are 12 week old happy healthy pullets.

Wow! My first hatch was a disaster and despite reading up ahead of time, I got no chicks. :( I'm using a little giant still air also. Welcome and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom