Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
Do you have trouble with the NR360s getting warm enough? I've had this one plugged in for a few hours and it isn't getting over 96.2 deg and the room is 72. I just wrapped it with a towel. I hate to move eggs into it if it can't get warm enough. The other one I had plugged in since yesterday and it's still flashing, I didn't have a thermometer in it today, I did the other day and it never got warm enough either.

My Brinsea is the Ovation Advance, so the middle model. I like it a lot!
No trouble with the NR360 except I had tested mine with two different hygrometers and have to set it to 100.5 to equal 99.5 and it holds there. The humidity is sometimes a PIA though. Our house is around 69 in winter and 72 in the summer. I don't understand what to do to get yours to heat properly other than unplugging it for a minute then plug it back in. I was going to google NR360's page but wouldn't you know the first links to temperature issues with a NR360 is from BYC. But, a few of the suggestions aren't much help as they suggest replacing it. I'd not give up so easily.

Oh, Tink, don't do this to me! Stop me! Stop me! I'm itching to msg that lady you put me on to, to just ship me those eggs now, why wait lol.
You NEED them! Her NPIP is just a few weeks away, you should get everything all prepped with her to get eggs ASAP! 😃 nothing like an incubator full to bring joy to the cold winter days! Unless you like to do risky hatches and then add staggered hatches to it and traveling eggs, and decide to give your resignation all in the same week 🤣🤣🤣

You NEED them! Her NPIP is just a few weeks away, you should get everything all prepped with her to get eggs ASAP! 😃 nothing like an incubator full to bring joy to the cold winter days! Unless you like to do risky hatches and then add staggered hatches to it and traveling eggs, and decide to give your resignation all in the same week 🤣🤣🤣
I told her I didn't care about her NPIP and she said, "Okay, when do you want them." I still stuck with January as the earliest as I'll be starting to hatch my own eggs a month later and only have the one brooder. No way hubby is going to make me a second one lol. If they're 3 weeks apart it should be fine as I've already done that, but much more I'm not sure.

I told her I didn't care about her NPIP and she said, "Okay, when do you want them." I still stuck with January as the earliest as I'll be starting to hatch my own eggs a month later and only have the one brooder. No way hubby is going to make me a second one lol. If they're 3 weeks apart it should be fine as I've already done that, but much more I'm not sure.
In that case, stick to the plan, it's only a few short weeks away! The anticipation is exciting! Will you do a hatch-a-long? 😃

I am posting thes wooden shoes because the Netherlands have their Christmas on Dec. 10th. They put out wooden shoes in stead of socks.
20231211_090048.jpg

I picked up these shoes 2nd hand, because we have a European room, but I found out recently, I am part Dutch. So that is neat.

In that case, stick to the plan, it's only a few short weeks away! The anticipation is exciting! Will you do a hatch-a-long? 😃
I think you're right and I'll try to hold off. I need restraint.

Nervous Great British Bake Off GIF by PBS

I hadn't thought about it but sure, I'll do a hatch-a-long. It should be easy with just 12 eggs, right? 🤔

I think you're right and I'll try to hold off. I need restraint.

Nervous Great British Bake Off GIF by PBS

I hadn't thought about it but sure, I'll do a hatch-a-long. It should be easy with just 12 eggs, right? 🤔
Chicks, in the house, All Winter Long, dust everywhere, the stink, the stress, the doubts and second guesses...
And then ypu will realize your response to early eggs should have been no's instead of yeses!

Back
Top Bottom