Christmas Spending Poll

How much have you spent on Christmas this year?

• Less than $100?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $101-$200?

• $201-$300

• $301-$400

• More than $401

• So much that adding it up would give you a headache?

• Total voters
Quote:
We did same with our teenage DS's. They are getting 'needs' under the tree...clothes etc. Then they get a belated Christmas at tax time.
Our DD is 8 and she knows that the tree wont be as full as usual and she is okay with it because she likes having a SAHM for now anyways.

Well if I had it my way I would only spend $200 t0 $500.00 but wife thinks she needs to buy gifts for evrybody she works with and spends to much for everyone else.
sad.png

Ahhh Its over $500 for sure, I have to buy for my 2 kids(1 teenager and one 6 year old) My parents and brother and his boy, my hubbys mum and brother and his wife and her parents visiting from holland, My best friends kids and there are three of them and there are afew more, but i start buying for Christmas in July so It doesn't cost me a fortune at the end of the year. I still have to get all the christmas food, We have a cold Christmas Dinner because its always pretty warm here on christmas day we have Cold chicken , ham, prawns and lovely fresh salads, Its too hot to be cooking a roast pork and turkey, I'm cooking 3 chickens the day before Chrissy (Hubby gets 3 frozen chooks from work every year as part of his work bonus). I love Christmas its the best time of year, I'm a giver and love to give presents to the people I love.

We have spent more than 400 but less than 550 but this is for 15 + people.......including my 4 BYC buddies and a neighbor. Pretty good id you aske me
smile.png

I Spent 0$$$$$$$ , My Family Has Christmas Everyday Of The Year, And That We Are Thankful For, Let Us All Not Forget What This Time Of Year Is About And Not Get Caught Up In The Hustle And Bustle Of Buying, Just Because We Think We Have Toget Someone, Something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks

Well, I'm making gifts, of things already here at the farm....so I count that as $0 although I'm sure each has some value. Giving a few folks some birds, some eggs, some of our veggies as well....

Hubby and I bought each other a lovely purebred Guard Dog, but he's working (no SS
smile.png
on the farm)....

We salvaged a lot of chicken equipment, After I clean and give to him, that will be a surprise.....

So I guess I'd say $0 as we focus on the non-material parts of christmas....

We're not grinches but this year has been a tough one economically but we are blessed in every way, every minute and every day....

I still have a little egg money that I might do a last minute shop with...........

I have spent probably 50.00 on christmas this year maybe a little more I got my dd old navy jeans for 3.25 new with tags, then got her 3 other pair for 12.00 new with tags, 2 dd got her old navy blue jean skirt for 3.50 new, and another for 9.00 new, then got 3 shirts new with tags for .99 and then 2 more shirts new for 1.25. I got all their christmas off of ebay started back in october. got dh a cologn set with the bath was and shaving cream and stuff and it was free. it is a real nice set.it is new also.then got my mil 2 skirts and 2 shirts for 13.00 from woman within I forgot I got the girls 3 knight shirts brand new that makes 6 of them total for 14.00 they are so cute and they are long too.

Last edited:
The poll should probably be how much did you spend per person you gifted, you can't really get any kind of result not knowing how many people each person purchased gifts for.

I might only spend $50 but only be buying for one, and yet person B might spend $500 on one or 10!

A family of 8 is going to spend more than a couple without kids. Or perhaps the other way around, I know my hubby and I spent alot on each other when we were newly married without children.

Back
Top Bottom