Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

Pics
It was not known by me. It does sound interesting. They say the Delawares are enhanced. Humm, enhanced how or with what? I wonder, Did they cross them with CX?

I can't find any page that refers to new breeds for 2020 so I just signed up for they newsletter.
Email content, pics and links didn't copy :he
Pre-Order Your 2020 Spring Chicks Now
EARLY ORDERING NOW OPEN
Our 2020 chicks are now available on our website. Don't miss out on the top-selling breeds on your list — pre-order your Spring flock now and select a ship date next year that works for you. Top breeds like our French Black Copper Marans, Bielefelders, and our new breeds shown below will sell quickly. Get your orders in early!
Lavender Orpingtons
LAVENDER ORPINGTONS — also called self-blue — are truly stunning birds. With their classic Orpington body type and new color, these are one of the most breathtaking and friendly breeds we have had the pleasure of raising.
Shop Now
White Marans
FRENCH WHITE MARANS — These white wonders are a sight to behold — with their snowy-white feathers from tip to toe, bright red combs, and slate-colored legs. Hens lay the same dark brown eggs as a Black Copper Marans.
Shop Now
Blue Sapphire Rocks
BLUE SAPPHIRE ROCKS — This hybrid cross produces a blue bird, with some barring pattern on the males. These beautiful birds have the docile disposition of a Plymouth Rock, and hens lay beautiful brown eggs.
Shop Now
White Sapphires
WHITE SAPPHIRE — This new hybrid cross makes a cool-looking, white crested, blue egg laying machine. Adult birds will be white with a crest, and may have markings as shown.
Shop Now
Delaware Enhanced Heritage Broilers
DELAWARE ENHANCED HERITAGE BROILERS — This is an updated version of the classic dual-purpose breed, taking a family favorite and making it and even better meat bird.
Shop Now
Murray's Ginger Broilers
MURRAY'S GINGER BROILERS — Built like a Cornish Cross, but with none of the problems. High altitude tolerant, and extremely easy to raise, this breed is a winner.
Shop Now
Visit our Newly Redesigned Chicks Page for more details and to search breeds by egg color, temperament, size, use, and more. Have questions about specific breeds, or what is best for your area and needs? Give us a call at 800.456.3280 and let our team help craft a

Email content, pics and links didn't copy :he
Pre-Order Your 2020 Spring Chicks Now
EARLY ORDERING NOW OPEN
Our 2020 chicks are now available on our website. Don't miss out on the top-selling breeds on your list — pre-order your Spring flock now and select a ship date next year that works for you. Top breeds like our French Black Copper Marans, Bielefelders, and our new breeds shown below will sell quickly. Get your orders in early!
Lavender Orpingtons
LAVENDER ORPINGTONS — also called self-blue — are truly stunning birds. With their classic Orpington body type and new color, these are one of the most breathtaking and friendly breeds we have had the pleasure of raising.
Shop Now
White Marans
FRENCH WHITE MARANS — These white wonders are a sight to behold — with their snowy-white feathers from tip to toe, bright red combs, and slate-colored legs. Hens lay the same dark brown eggs as a Black Copper Marans.
Shop Now
Blue Sapphire Rocks
BLUE SAPPHIRE ROCKS — This hybrid cross produces a blue bird, with some barring pattern on the males. These beautiful birds have the docile disposition of a Plymouth Rock, and hens lay beautiful brown eggs.
Shop Now
White Sapphires
WHITE SAPPHIRE — This new hybrid cross makes a cool-looking, white crested, blue egg laying machine. Adult birds will be white with a crest, and may have markings as shown.
Shop Now
Delaware Enhanced Heritage Broilers
DELAWARE ENHANCED HERITAGE BROILERS — This is an updated version of the classic dual-purpose breed, taking a family favorite and making it and even better meat bird.
Shop Now
Murray's Ginger Broilers
MURRAY'S GINGER BROILERS — Built like a Cornish Cross, but with none of the problems. High altitude tolerant, and extremely easy to raise, this breed is a winner.
Shop Now
Visit our Newly Redesigned Chicks Page for more details and to search breeds by egg color, temperament, size, use, and more. Have questions about specific breeds, or what is best for your area and needs? Give us a call at 800.456.3280 and let our team help craft a

Wow!! Lots of interesting new stuff coming. Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for posting this.

I asked “do you know what these are, have they been selectively bred for utility or have they been crossed with something?”

and she goes “yeah thats it. it’s my understanding they were bred”

I go oh. Okay. Thanks?

I took it to mean she answers the phones. I’m going to try and call/email someone who may know.

I asked “do you know what these are, have they been selectively bred for utility or have they been crossed with something?”

and she goes “yeah thats it. it’s my understanding they were bred”

I go oh. Okay. Thanks?

I took it to mean she answers the phones. I’m going to try and call/email someone who may know.

I still think they don't want to fess up. One way to keep info from the customers is to not tell those order takers much of anything.

I hope you can find out some information.

Back
Top Bottom