Cinco-de-Mayo Hatch-A-Long celebration!

I used to have an incuview that would spike like that. I had to check it compulsively like every hour.
I returned the one that cooked my eggs, but still have this other one. At least I can control it better. The other one had major thermostat issues, reading the temp as okay, but first spiking, then turning off. All without the temp reading changing!

I returned the one that cooked my eggs, but still have this other one. At least I can control it better. The other one had major thermostat issues, reading the temp as okay, but first spiking, then turning off. All without the temp reading changing!
Terrible. That sounds really totally defective. Sad the quality control on incubators isn’t better as there are lives and peoples feelings at stake.

I candled the eggs tonight! Pulled out the obvious clears, and am happy with things so far! I have 7 mottled d’Anvers developing, 14 self-blue or black d’Anvers, 6 wheaten bantam Ameraucanas, 8 blue bantam Ams, 8 self-blue d’Anver over black Watermaals, 2 gold laced satins,1 bbs bantam Cochin, and 45 quail eggs still cooking! I’m selling the d’Anvers, cochin, and quail at a Poultry Expo on May 6, so I’m glad so many are developing!

well so far this hatch is not going as well as my other one. out of 22 eggs. I had 4 clears and 2 that have quit (one the shell was dented so not surprised on that one) and 1 I am not sure what is going on with it right now. so in total have 15 going strong, 1?........ of course 11 of them are ones I am hatching for someone else..... so he has 11/12 going strong. I have 4/10! YIKES!!!!!

Finally got around to candling for the first time on this batch. It's Day 8. Out of 42 eggs set, I have 39 very lively embryos!!! I pulled 2 clears, and one which had a hairline crack. It had started to develop, looks like it died maybe 2 days ago. It had a very black, pea-sized spot near the small end that didn't move at all, like stuck to the inside of the shell. I'm guessing that was bacteria or fungus setting in. I'm sorry I didn't get a photo to show you guys, but I had lobbed it over the fence before I thought about it! But anyway, I had set three extras (stacked), so after disposing of those three, I'm at full capacity with 39 good eggs. Very happy! :yesss:

Finally got around to candling for the first time on this batch. It's Day 8. Out of 42 eggs set, I have 39 very lively embryos!!! I pulled 2 clears, and one which had a hairline crack. It had started to develop, looks like it died maybe 2 days ago. It had a very black, pea-sized spot near the small end that didn't move at all, like stuck to the inside of the shell. I'm guessing that was bacteria or fungus setting in. I'm sorry I didn't get a photo to show you guys, but I had lobbed it over the fence before I thought about it! But anyway, I had set three extras (stacked), so after disposing of those three, I'm at full capacity with 39 good eggs. Very happy! :yesss:
my dented/cracked one that I put wax on had the same spot. looked like the "chick" but was stuck to the egg and didn't move at all. I took a pic when I candled it but didn't open it at all, wasn't taking that chance!

Back
Top Bottom