Cinco-de-Mayo Hatch-A-Long celebration!

I did attempt to calibrate the govee by using my meat thermometer and they both agree the NR is running low. If you have another method for calibrating it I am all ears!
Currently all my eggs are in carton cups so they can remain upright for the first three days of incubation. The turner is not in.
The Govee is standing up in there not laying on its side middle tray position.
The NR is set at 100.5 and the Govee says its 98.6 and that with the towel around it(see below)
I bought the protection plan I think I am going to go grab a new one at tractor supply and a manual temperature reader as a control. Then I will return this one. Something really does seem to be amiss with it sadly. Better to do the exchange now I think then make do with a wonky unit.

Great idea! I took the idea and cut a towel in similar fashion as the picture to see if it would help at all. It did make a difference! One degree gained and only a bit of a raise to the humidity which was fine before the towel. But sadly this still puts me a degree lower and its sitting at 98.6 currently. I am gonna run to tractor supply and get a replacement then return my current one after I move the eggs. I think something really is not quite right with it.
I would bump it to 101 and see how it is. My first one was way off so returned it and got a new one. That is off too but not as much. You can also calibrate the NR360 once you have a reliable thermometer so that it reads correct. I will see if I can find the instructions. I know they were posted on this site somewhere.

@MGG

Here is what I did to calibrate my govee. I found this on a thread on this site.

I put mine in a baggie and got all the air out and sealed it (I kept the sealed part of the baggie out of the water/ice just in case).

Think this is the post I found:. They did a vacuum seal bag.
Crushed ice and water method I calibrated dead on at 32 F
It will have to cold soak to get accurate numbers. I let it soak for 30 minutes then changed ice and water. Stirred every few minutes until the temp line on the app flat lined. That was my base line. Both Govee units were within .1 F

Thank you all for the advice. I got to tractor supply today and grabbed another NR360 and an old fashioned thermometer the non digital kind and it confirmed the Govee was right it was running to low.
The new one is up and running and holding the correct temperature with zero issues! Eggs have been moved, its early enough I think all will be well.
View attachment 3467637
Yes, I am sure they will be fine being so early!

Thank you all for the advice. I got to tractor supply today and grabbed another NR360 and an old fashioned thermometer the non digital kind and it confirmed the Govee was right it was running to low.
The new one is up and running and holding the correct temperature with zero issues! Eggs have been moved, its early enough I think all will be well.
View attachment 3467637
Good job! Hopefully the rest of your hatch will be smooth sailing!

Got quiet around here...

My eggs seem to be doing well. I pulled four clears yesterday, out of 23.
I candled mine last night. 4-5 I put question marks on as they look like duds but I figured I would wait a few more days candle again just to be sure before I pull them. There are way, way more good clearly developing eggs then I expected from shipped eggs. So exciting!

Oh gosh. Hope you don’t have a smart wifi incubator… it could be watching this thread to see if we jinx anything 😂
I would NEVER allow that, lol!

Nah, just a plain ol' Little Giant one. I've been keeping an eagle eye on it to make sure it doesn't decide to bake this batch.

Back
Top Bottom