Cinder the RIR Roo then and now

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by stina3246, Jul 13, 2010.

1. stina3246

stina3246 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2010
    I just wanted to show off my Roo. He's turning out to be a good rooster. He protects his flock and has stopped being such a snot to me. He's learning to crow now and it's the cutest thing ever!

Day 1
    I LOVED this portrait of him
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a few days later
    [​IMG]

and now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alaskachick

alaskachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wasilla, Alaska
    He is handsome. How old is he?

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    He is so handsome! [​IMG]

4. tnapier6

tnapier6 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2010
    Indiana
    You take GREAT photos! Of course, your subject is quite handsome, too.[​IMG]

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

very pretty boy. He makes me miss my Sarge -- The best roo EVER. Enjoy your beautiful boy.

6. stina3246

stina3246 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2010
    Thanks guys! He's about 4 months now, maybe just under. He is a replacement for the best Roo EVER Rocky Rhodes but Rocky was tragically killed by my own dogs. I was heart broken. A few months after it happened I got my 2 little banties who are TOO cute but just REALLY wanted another RIR. We missed Rocky's Crow so I found the reddist little RIR chick I could and kept my fingers crossed for a Roo. Cinder is the result, I'm very happy with him. [​IMG] And they now have thier own coop far away from the dogs. They still come in the house at night though because I'm terrified something might happen to them while we are asleep. I'm gonna have to get over that soon though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by