Cinnamon Glazed Pecans

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by SundownWaterfowl, Aug 24, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Does this sound like a good recipe for Cinnamon Glazed Pecans?
    1 lb. pecan halves
    1 egg white
    1 tbsp. water
    1 c. sugar
    1 1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. cinnamon

Beat egg whites stiff. Beat in water; add pecans and mix well. Mix dry ingredients well together. Sprinkle over nuts and stir well. Spread in one layer on foil-covered cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Cool before removing from foil. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!

I want to make some like you get at the fair.

Do they all have egg whites in the recipe?​

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

OOOOOH I LOVE YOU FOR THIS!!! I LOVE THESE THINGS... and I hate when the fair isn't here cause you can't find them!

3. georgiegirl

georgiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Rockdale TX
    It does sound pretty good...but just to make sure, you should make a big batch and mail it to me to try for you. That way you would be sure! [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:lol.

Cinnamon Glazed Pecans are my favorite thing at the fair! I also like the glazed cashews.

Well, i just got done mixing them up, there in the oven now. Ill let you know how they come out.

Im thinking for christmas im going to make a bunch of glazed cashews and pecans and put them into cute bags with a red and green fabric ribbon. And also make some maple sugar candy and do that as well.

yum!

5. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Do you want me to PM you my address now or later? I can wait....[​IMG]

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    They are fantastic, my niece gives them to me every yr for Christmas.

7. SundownWaterfowl

I just runied them!!!! I am so madddd!!!!!!!!!1

I tasted one and it was salty. So im like what the heck. I read the ingredients over and I only put 1 tablespoon of sugar, I was supposed to put 1 cup of sugar. Now I just wasted a whole pound of pecans. UGH!

8. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:50 lashes with a wet noodle for ruining the pecans... I will so NOT be PM'ing you my address now! LOL

9. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Trial and error sweetie, have another go at it.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm not a big fan of them, but they always smell sooo good when I walk by the booth at the fair.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by