12 Years
Mar 18, 2009
MINN.
cool.png
Check out this coop!!
cool.png

coop1.jpg
coop2.jpg

It is so cool. It is the type of thing that I would be sooo inspired by & my hubby would discourage me.
tongue.png
Seriously, it would need a little reinforcement.

Growing up on a farm in the late 50's we had a "brooder house" that look just like this. My Grandfather along with my Dad and several Uncles built the home we lived in, the barn, the tool shed, a granary, the brooder house, a hen house, and of course an out house. All were sided with Cypress logged from our farm along the St. Francis river in Arkansas. They were all built in 1939 and 1940 so were aged and weathered when I was a kid. The home still stands but the rest of the buildings were burned by the man who bought the farm from us in 1963.

I got the coop for free. Had it moved here for 200 bucks. I'm just thrilled to get it. All the framing is tamarack( lasts forever). i know it needs some work but i'm up for it. Will try to keep it looking aged. Need to add some more windows and i'll put in a dutch door. Needs new tin on the roof and more ventilation. It's 16x14. Hope to keep updating progress. I have a young girl come and do the pics. I'm no good at it. Woody

Hi Woody - I'm in Minneapolis.

Love the coop. Glad that you're going to keep it old looking. I think it's beautiful. Tamarack, huh? Cool.

Sure wish I had a dutch door....

Back
Top Bottom