Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat

Quote:
I have made these before but did not leave them sit on my counter for 3 days, this time I did, and they now have turned cloudy and 1 jar is actually fermenting with bubbling,lol. Is this what is supposed to happen? I thought maybe they would, but want to be sure .

No, they are not supposed to get cloudy or bubble. The only thing I can think that might have gone wrong is that something that wasn't supposed to get into the mix somehow got in. I have been making these pickles or some similar for many years and I've never had that happen, they have always looked just like the picture on the first page.

After washing my pickle jars I always rinse them out with a little bleach water just to make sure they are sterile. I have never read to do that but since I can't boil plastic jars to clean them that was the only way I could think of making sure they were clean. I always wash my cucumbers with soapy water but no bleach on them.

I'm sorry you have had this problem.

Thanks for this recipe, I will have to try it
smile.png

Hope you enjoy it...by the way these do keep very well for a year. We are just finishing up our last jar from last year. My new pickles from this year haven't been opened yet but they will shortly.

I know it has probably been asked but I didn't want to read all the post again so I will ask again just in case.
How long do you have to wait before they are ready to eat?
I made some yesterday and was just wondering. Thanks in advance
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I start with the next day.... can't help myself. Then I keep checking, before you know it the jar is empty. Seriously, the first day they are like half sour, and I love them that way, and they just get more flavorful the longer they sit.

Back
Top Bottom