Cleaning a dirty butt.....

LOVELY! I adore rose scented tushies. I'll look into Dr. Bonners. I'm looking for a scentless drought to appease my ticklish nose. Bonus if it works on fluffy butts too.
Thank you, oh so very much!

Lol! Miss Doris is white. I tells ya, it's always the cotton balls that get the funkiest.:lau
Since you got me thinking about "Miss Doris" and her poopy butt, I too finally did the trim. Trimming was necessary as there were some, how was it said earlier, dingle berries, on her rear.
img_1948-1079570.jpg

The after trim below. You can see the reddish skin irritation below the vent from Doris' poop, which as I mentioned was watery and has been since last summer. One has to be careful when trimming to not trim too short or too much as the fluff down there is what acts as skin protection. If it wasn't winter I would have done soak method instead.
img_1958-67139932.jpg

The good news is that while taking these pictures, I saw Doris go a solid poop and not the usual watery stuff, so I'm hoping her "diaper rash" will heal on its own without the need of treatment. The last pic is of my Orpington, "Miss Osage" who has the perfect rear. Her poop hits the fluffy feathers and bounces off onto the ground.

img_1965-33429985.jpg

Who'd a thought I'd be taking pictures of the other end of my hens :rolleyes:
Fun thread, and hope I didn't hijack it. Just wanted to add another experience with hens ends.

Not going to help with anyone's first poop removal but a little tip to make future removals easier. Dry shampoo, yep after you clean the poo dry shampoo the butt and nothing or nearly nothing sticks. Also if you can't do a full water bath you can use a spray bottle to cleanse the offending orifice. Get in there! Its just poop! :)

Spray bottle sounds good. I tried a hose spray and didn’t work. Probably better if I was holding her, because she just ran away, with a drippy wet butt. I gave her a bath once and she never relaxed and started freaking-out like she was being attacked.

Not going to help with anyone's first poop removal but a little tip to make future removals easier. Dry shampoo, yep after you clean the poo dry shampoo the butt and nothing or nearly nothing sticks. Also if you can't do a full water bath you can use a spray bottle to cleanse the offending orifice. Get in there! Its just poop! :)
🤣

Back
Top Bottom