ParisRReichard

Hatching
Jun 3, 2020
I’m new to raising chickens. Although my chicks are still in the broader I’ve been trying to research on how to clean and keep the smell out of my coop. Would it be bad to use a vinegar and orange spray to clean each time I scoop out the poop and replace shavings?

Well,
I’m new to raising chickens. Although my chicks are still in the broader I’ve been trying to research on how to clean and keep the smell out of my coop. Would it be bad to use a vinegar and orange spray to clean each time I scoop out the poop and replace shavings?
no, that would be fine, what needs cleaned. Show us some pic's of your coop. Here is a link to our coop building
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/building-our-new-coop-deep-mulch.861352/
I am using sand now in the coop.

I made some Rosemary / Oregano last February - I let it soak for 2 weeks and bottled it
IMG_0494.JPG IMG_0581.JPG

If you manage the poop and bedding properly, really shouldn't need anything other than a broom to keep it clean. If there's odor, you either need to clean out bedding more frequently, remove poop more frequently, or increase ventilation/air volume.

Back
Top Bottom