Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Pics
How is it going, Starburst?
Pretty good! I haven't had the time to snap any pics, but the chickens are doing well. I'll get some pictures tomorrow. ;) It's cloudy and a little warmer currently (going between the 20's and 40's) The coyotes in my area have become especially aggressive, so I myself am a little nervous to trek out to the coop, let alone free-range the girls. So they're just going to have to make do with being in the run. I hope everyone is having a good day! :hugs

Pretty good! I haven't had the time to snap any pics, but the chickens are doing well. I'll get some pictures tomorrow. ;) It's cloudy and a little warmer currently (going between the 20's and 40's) The coyotes in my area have become especially aggressive, so I myself am a little nervous to trek out to the coop, let alone free-range the girls. So they're just going to have to make do with being in the run. I hope everyone is having a good day! :hugs
Watch out for those coyotes! Also, coming from a cold wimp, 20-40 degrees should never be counted as "warm" ;)

Ooh, sounds like you've got a heat wave moving in! :D Its been in the upper 40s low 50s here and cloudy.

Definitely watch out for the coyotes, they do get aggressive when they are hungry. Around here, chickens stay inside when the coyotes howl during the day.

Stay warm @Starburst! :hugs

Hello @Starburst :hugs how are you doing these days? :) How is the flock, rainy, sunny, warm or cold up there? :)
Hello, Leyla! I'm doing okay. So sorry that I haven't updated recently, especially after I promised to post some pictures the next day a while ago! I'll try to post pictures soon, but in the meanwhile, it's been overcast clouds for the past few weeks, which is typical Western Washington weather during this time, with a few dots of blue sky every once and a while. The chickens have been dealing with quite a bit of mud, but....I'll be covering part of the run very soon, so that's exciting! No free-ranging right now, as a few days ago I was out in the chicken coop late at night to double check on them - I heard some squawking, it was Yuki attacking Boba for some reason - when I heard the blood-chilling scream of a cougar/mountain lion in the darkness behind me. Mountain lions are dangerous to humans and chickens alike, so extra caution is taking place in the current. Thanks for checking in on me! How are you? I hope everyone is having a lovely, peace filled day. :hugs

Hello, Leyla! I'm doing okay. So sorry that I haven't updated recently, especially after I promised to post some pictures the next day a while ago! I'll try to post pictures soon, but in the meanwhile, it's been overcast clouds for the past few weeks, which is typical Western Washington weather during this time, with a few dots of blue sky every once and a while. The chickens have been dealing with quite a bit of mud, but....I'll be covering part of the run very soon, so that's exciting! No free-ranging right now, as a few days ago I was out in the chicken coop late at night to double check on them - I heard some squawking, it was Yuki attacking Boba for some reason - when I heard the blood-chilling scream of a cougar/mountain lion in the darkness behind me. Mountain lions are dangerous to humans and chickens alike, so extra caution is taking place in the current. Thanks for checking in on me! How are you? :) I hope everyone is having a lovely day! :hugs
Great to hear from you! :hugs I've been a bit AWOL from BYC myself and when I am here, I'm really not fully mentally here lately. :D

Sounds wet, wet, wet up there! You need to send some of that down here, we are drier than dry! Definitely get a roof on the run. Muddy chicken feet are no fun. :p

Poor Boba, chickens get stressed when predators are around. Oh no, watch out for those Mountain Lions, we have them here too, super dangerous and scary!! I see foot prints down by the nearby spring I walk past on my hike. Once in a while I swear I am being watched! Please stay safe!!

Huggies to you and your flock! :hugs

Great to hear from you! :hugs I've been a bit AWOL from BYC myself and when I am here, I'm really not fully mentally here lately. :D

Sounds wet, wet, wet up there! You need to send some of that down here, we are drier than dry! Definitely get a roof on the run. Muddy chicken feet are no fun. :p

Poor Boba, chickens get stressed when predators are around. Oh no, watch out for those Mountain Lions, we have them here too, super dangerous and scary!! I see foot prints down by the nearby spring I walk past on my hike. Once in a while I swear I am being watched! Please stay safe!!

Huggies to you and your flock! :hugs
You're in my thoughts, Leyla. :hugs

Definitely wet over here! I'll try to get some rain down there for you. ;) My chickens are not impressed with all the mud, especially Boba and Mochi, so I promised them I would get a roof up before Christmas. :)

I will definitely be extra careful with those mountain lions. :) Be safe yourself too! It sounds nerve-wracking to see those foot prints!

Hugs to you! :hugs

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! I hope all of you have a wonderful day full of joy, peace, gratitude, and, of course, yummy food!
Today, I gave my chickens a treat of grapes and pumpkin muffins, complete with live mealworms from my mealworm farm on top as ”sprinkles.” I let them out to free-range and enjoy the beautiful day ( Yes, it’s cloudy, but it’s not rainy, and that’s a nice enough day for me! :D). We’ve been having quite a bit of rain over here, and Mochi is getting very muddy. I might have to give her a bath soon. :lol: Oh! Speaking of Mochi, she started laying! I wentinto the coop to tidy up and found a whole clutch in the corner. She seemed to know I had found out, because right then she burst into an egg song. :)
My chickens were ecstatic about the treat and tore into it quite happily. Here are some pictures:
3B27BE09-EFB3-4471-BE15-45C39B4091E6.jpeg

B73F4D7B-983F-42AB-B46F-D244B43D5ACA.jpeg

E022B629-25F8-44FD-9D11-135CA8D20C63.jpeg

Love the gleam of joy in Boba’s eyes in the picture below! 🥰
E2928B9A-7798-4790-A5BC-02B97093D574.jpeg

D6F56E5B-CCFD-4327-83DE-9AB0230C065E.jpeg

B5B22B90-297C-473B-A7B6-8868F1301E27.jpeg

Ponyo was very excited about the grapes in the picture below, as you can see. :D
46F513B3-61FF-4CF6-B055-C4004B4F83CD.jpeg

32D8BEB3-3A07-4695-8D17-01E722EE6490.jpeg

BE8672ED-048C-4D71-BD6B-CA2F0E8E9189.jpeg

A670DF4D-B974-4D53-8FF3-7FE8A73B5D51.jpeg

FA51478E-8FDB-4B3A-AB92-C3ECA9D1564C.jpeg

7B195B9F-E46D-462A-B63A-EDC973BC280F.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! I hope all of you have a wonderful day full of joy, peace, gratitude, and, of course, yummy food!
Today, I gave my chickens a treat of grapes and pumpkin muffins, complete with live mealworms from my mealworm farm on top as ”sprinkles.” I let them out to free-range and enjoy the beautiful day ( Yes, it’s cloudy, but it’s not rainy, and that’s a nice enough day for me! :D). We’ve been having quite a bit of rain over here, and Mochi is getting very muddy. I might have to give her a bath soon. :lol: Oh! Speaking of Mochi, she started laying! I wentinto the coop to tidy up and found a whole clutch in the corner. She seemed to know I had found out, because right then she burst into an egg song. :)
My chickens were ecstatic about the treat and tore into it quite happily. Here are some pictures:
View attachment 2426250
View attachment 2426254
View attachment 2426256
Love the gleam of joy in Boba’s eyes in the picture below! 🥰
View attachment 2426257
View attachment 2426258
View attachment 2426260
Ponyo was very excited about the grapes in the picture below, as you can see. :D
View attachment 2426263
View attachment 2426264
View attachment 2426266
View attachment 2426268
View attachment 2426269
View attachment 2426271
So beautiful!
Happy Thanksgiving, Starburst!

Back
Top Bottom