New Page?

• Put all the facts 1-21 on separate page

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Put all the facts 1-21 on this page

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
DAY 28 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ Chickens were carried along in Roman armies, it was believed if they ate chicken before battle they would be successful! :fl

Thanks to @nuthatched for info on this fact!
I heard something like that a few weeks ago. I don't remember what soldiers, but when looking for hiding villagers the soldiers would bring roosters. The roosters would crow, and the villagers' roosters would crow back to mark their territory. See how important roosters are in history:gig

DAY 28 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ Chickens were carried along in Roman armies, it was believed if they ate chicken before battle they would be successful! :fl

Thanks to @nuthatched for info on this fact!

You got a little mixed up, "Chickens accompanied Roman armies, and their behavior was carefully observed before battle; a good appetite meant victory was likely. According to the writings of Cicero, when one contingent of birds refused to eat before a sea battle in 249 B.C., an angry consul threw them overboard. History records that he lost that battle."

Thanks to @Rose Quartz for the idea of a thread updated daily now people can follow along more easily!
This new page will have all the daily facts. This will be updated daily! So check daily for the new fact!

Send me facts or questions you want to be posted in the next days to my inbox!

And like the facts whenever you read them so I can see how many people are still reading!

CONTINUING DAYS FACTS WILL BE POSTED DAILY UNDERNEATH-

Fun! I will give this page to my poultry 4-H'ers who love finding weird/fun/gross things.

Fact: chickens have a name for their caregiver also. It is usually give by the alpha hen. It is a different sounding clock when that person comes around.
Now that is about the coolest thing ever! I'll have to listen more closely when I'm with my flock now. I have about 25+ chickens and nearly all have names. I have trouble telling the Buffies apart but I'm going to try the comb thing.

Back
Top Bottom