Cluckmazing Facts~ (A New Facts Daily)

New Page?

• Put all the facts 1-21 on separate page

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Put all the facts 1-21 on this page

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, it would be great! But who's gonna do it?
I understand @Papa John59 wants to make a start with the article. Or maybe he is even willing to collect all the facts and make an article of it. If its too much work I can contribute in a week or 2. But at the moment I am spending enough time on the computer for work. I read and reply to BYC on my smartphone / handy in my free time or travelling. But to make an article like that my phone is not convenient.

Well, that made for an interesting morning/afternoon! Reading each of the threads, with all the comment, checking the links and remembering about this or that post. Now, I just have to proofread, edit and and improve the format. Currently it is 9 pages long! Is that too long for an article here? When I finish, I will attach a file here....if someone would take the time and tell me how to improve it, it would be helpful. It's been 26 years since I've written so much in English. :hmm

Attached is the article that I wrote. Please feel free to make suggestion, comments or whatever you think it needs to improve it. Oh, I converted it into a PDF so I could attach it. If there is nothing to edit, I will post it on Friday evening, which will be Friday afternoon on the east coast of the USA.

Attachments

• Cluckmazing Facts.pdf
    291.9 KB · Views: 5
Attached is the article that I wrote. Please feel free to make suggestion, comments or whatever you think it needs to improve it. Oh, I converted it into a PDF so I could attach it. If there is nothing to edit, I will post it on Friday evening, which will be Friday afternoon on the east coast of the USA.
Marvelous!!!!!!!!!

Day 4 should read yolks, not yokes.

CLUCKMAZING FACT 77:

When a chicken is introduced to an existing flock she (I'm just going to say "she" for these examples) will take turns fighting the other chickens to gain a place in the pecking order. Chickens understand a fight when they see one, and all will gather and watch but none will interfere. The new chicken starts with the highest chicken in the order. If the new chicken wins she will automatically be placed one rank above the loser. If she loses then she will continue down the line until she either wins a fight or reaches the bottom. Each time a fight ends with the new chicken losing then the next highest chicken in the pecking order will step forward and take their turn, all in perfect order. You should never stop the fights unless they look like they will fight to the death. If this happens than it's up to you to decide what to do. At any time a chicken can challenge another chicken of a higher rank, if the lower-ranking chicken wins then she will be one rank above the loser and if she loses then nothing changes. Sometimes when a chicken feels like they have been pecked once to often then she will stand up for herself and fight, but most the time they back off after only a few seconds.

Last edited:
CLUCKMAZING FACT 77:

When a chicken is introduced to an existing flock she (I'm just going to say "she" for these examples) will take turns fighting the other chickens to gain a place in the pecking order. Chickens understand a fight when they see one, and all will gather and watch but none will interfere. The new chicken starts with the highest chicken in the order. If the new chicken wins she will automatically be placed one rank above the loser. If she loses then she will continue down the line until she either wins a fight or reaches the bottom. Each time a fight ends with the new chicken losing then the next highest chicken in the pecking order will step forward and take their turn, all in perfect order. You should never stop the fights unless they look like they will fight to the death. If this happens than it's up to you to decide what to do. At any time a chicken can challenge another chicken of a higher rank, if the lower-ranking chicken wins then she will be one rank above the loser and if she loses then nothing changes. Sometimes when a chicken feels like they have been pecked once to often then she will stand up for herself and fight, but most the time they back off after only a few seconds.
Will be added to the article!

Back
Top Bottom