New Page?

• Put all the facts 1-21 on separate page

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Put all the facts 1-21 on this page

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CLUCKMAZING FACT 78:

A single chick on average drops waste about every five minutes.

Can't remember where I heard that, but I think I read it somewhere. Seems true enough to me!:sick:welcome

Do you mean droppings of poop every 5 minutes? You really have to check that first. Maybe you’re chicks were such a dirty critters, but mine certainly were not. I had on or two of them inside the house a couple of times, on a towel. So I should know if they were such pieces of shit.

Do you mean droppings of poop every 5 minutes? You really have to check that first. Maybe you’re chicks were such a dirty critters, but mine certainly were not. I had on or two of them inside the house a couple of times, on a towel. So I should know if they were such pieces of shit.
Hmm, maybe my chicks poop extra. My chicks poop about that much, maybe it has something to do with location or their food?

By the way, I did not mean to add that "Welcome To BYC" emoji! I edited it out. :gig

Hmm, maybe my chicks poop extra. My chicks poop about that much, maybe it has something to do with location or their food?
It will depend on the breed (CX and other meat birds poop a LOT more), their feed, time of day (they poo more at night), probably other things as well. It's like asking how many feathers they have. The only reasonable answer is, "Well, it depends..."

CLUCKMAZING FACT 79:

Sebrights are the only breed of chicken with "hen feathers"! For most breeds of chickens the roosters are more colorful or at least have longer hackles, but male Sebrights have the exact same feathering as the females! However, the Roosters still have larger, redder combs and may be bigger than the females.
-Info from Dunlap Hatchery.

CLUCKMAZING FACT 79:

Sebrights are the only breed of chicken with "hen feathers"! For most breeds of chickens the roosters are more colorful or at least have longer hackles, but male Sebrights have the exact same feathering as the females! However, the Roosters still have larger, redder combs and may be bigger than the females.
-Info from Dunlap Hatchery.
There are more "hen feathers" around the world : I don't know if the Vorwerk chickens exist in the States but we have them here in the Netherlands and they are hen feathered too. "Goldvogel" is the nickname of the Vorwerk grouse in Germany, the country of origin.

Kippen-Vorwerkkip-LH.jpg

source: https://www.levendehave.nl/dierenwikis/pluimvee/vorwerk

p.s.: found in article Vorwerk
The Golden Lakenvelder, a plumage variety, is a separate breed from the Vorwerk. Breeds used to create the Vorwerk included the Lakenvelder, Buff Orpington, Buff Sussex and Andalusian. By 1913, the Vorwerk was standardised, however, it never really gained widespread use, and is rare or non-existent outside Continental Europe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom