Cluckmore Coop for the Vanderclucks

rnorris1234

Songster
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
Fort Payne, AL
I still have a few things to do to finish up, but this is the Cluckmore Coop -- the mountain chateau for the Vanderclucks (of the railroad Vanderclucks). The newly renovated third floor will be open to the public for the first time in a century. Be sure to make your reservations for the Fall touring season. The Holiday season is always something to crow about. There will be singing and lots of eggnog in the atrium.
59584_vandercluck_coop1.jpg

59584_chickens_september_002.jpg

One of the stained glass windows in the main atrium.
59584_chicken_stained_glass.jpg

Robert

th.gif

That's all I have to say.

Did you do the stained glass yourself?? And the illumination on the panels?
Even if you didn't...Kudos to you!!
woot.gif

Awesome!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The "stained Glass" is just stained glass paint from a craft store painted onto a plastic sheet. The Fleur de Lys are a stamp, and the vine and roses are handpainted.

Very creative!

However, it looks like you're using chicken wire. You do know that chicken wire isn't predator secure, right?

Thanks everyone. If you're going to have chickens in the back yard, you have to have some fun with it. My five year old daughter helped paint the stained glass windows. It was really done on a lark on a rainy afternoon while Mom was working we got creative, but it adds a nice touch of class to the Vandercluck home, and it gave her a chance to help with building the coop(s). (I have 2 coops and a hutch and wonder how far I can push it untill my wife holds an intervention.)

I posted these pics a few months back. This is the first coop (More like the Vanderclucks country cousins)
59584_coop.jpg

59584_coop_close_up.jpg

And a hutch I recycled using an old baby bed left in our basement. (You can see that I used the sides of the crib for the door in the Vandercluck house and also as the ladder going inside the coop)

59584_hutch.jpg

gotta have a little fun with the chicks!

Robert

And about the chicken wire -- the entire yard (we live in the middle of town) is securely fenced so the chicken wire is the second layer of defense. We also have a dog who "guards" the chickens.

Congrats! Looks like an awesome coop for the south! I wish I was so lucky to have the weather you folks have! I have to plan for extreem heat, AND extreem cold for my birds. I wish I could do the "open coop" design as it would be so much easier. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom