CNN - One person has died and 465 people have gotten sick after interacting with pet poultry

Look up the report on the CDC website! There were more like 465 known Salmonella infections in people in the USA since Jan. 2020, all over the country, with exposure to chickens or ducks, from many sources. It's about basic sanitation!
It makes me crazy to see chicks and ducklings in those feed stores who don't fence off their stock, being handled by anyone who visits. Crazy! And it's just not smart to fail to wash up after being out there with the birds.
I've had food poisoning, mostly when living overseas, and it's a miserable experience, even if hospital care isn't necessary. Yuck!
Mary

People actually KISS their birds? Seriously? French or Regular Peck? (That was a stupid question but stick with me...)

Birds have no lips.

Lots of people do it. I've nuzzled my chickens before, never actually kissed them, but... well, I admit I used to kiss my cockatiel constantly. Even let him eat from my mouth. I let my pet rats do that too. :oops: And that's WAY more than you wanted to know... :lol:

oh yeah,
dont put small turtles in your mouth.

But big ones are ok right? :)

I let my dogs kiss and lick me and I kiss them too :oops: and yes they even kiss face and hands :oops: but I wash my face and hands afterwards haha

I used to raise Cockers and yes I know what dogs do (especially males) but, I used to just kiss them on the top of their heads. My top stud dog would turn his head away if I asked him to kiss me. Thank goodness boyfriends weren't that picky.

Funny thing though when my young nieces came to visit, he kissed(licked) them. :plbb

I did as well lol. They were so so sweet. I miss them :((( I’ve gas 5 in my life and they don’t live but about three years. Makes me so sad.

“ I let my pet rats do that too. “

Back
Top Bottom