Could I give corid powder to chickens 1 Gal per week? As a preventative measure to keep them from getting sick? I don't know if I have just bad luck, but I hatch out a ton of chicks. And clean everything but I will still have chicks die and or get sick randomly out of no where. I even spray chickens with mite spray. Thanks for the help!!
One thing people do is when they first get their chicks the first bag of feed is medicated ( to prevent coccidioses) and then after that they do the regular feeds

Could I give corid powder to chickens 1 Gal per week? As a preventative measure to keep them from getting sick? I don't know if I have just bad luck, but I hatch out a ton of chicks. And clean everything but I will still have chicks die and or get sick randomly out of no where. I even spray chickens with mite spray. Thanks for the help!!
How do you keep your chickens, in a coop and run, part free ranging, something else?
You can't prevent chickens getting coccidiosis. You can with say chick medicated feed allow them to build up a resitance to it.

If you really want to minimize the risk of coccidiosis and other parasites and you keep your chicken in a moveable coop and run then what you can do is dig over where the coop and run is going to go, soak the ground with petrol and set light to it. Chicken keepers and farmers round the world have been using fire to sanitize ground for centuries.

Unfortunately with the fashion of building large fixed position coops and runs this may not be an option.

Back
Top Bottom