Coccidiosis!!!! :(

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
My 3 day old has coccidiosis, and I’m treating it already but I can barely BARELY get her to eat or drink at all and I have to force her water with a syringe, she doesn’t stop crying all day no matter what. She crys under the brooder plate, while I’m holding her, if I try to feed her, etc never stops. What the heck do I do? Her sister is 4 days old and runs and jumps around but she can’t even walk she kind of leans backwards and sits on her bum..

Have you given her some undiluted Corid? In addition to the treated water, you can give 0.1 ml twice a day for a few days. Get her swallowing some of the treated water and some wet feed by dipping her beak every hour or so. Usually coccidiosis strikes laster than at 2 days, so it could be something else wrong that you may not be able to treat. I hope she gets better.

Have you given her some undiluted Corid? In addition to the treated water, you can give 0.1 ml twice a day for a few days. Get her swallowing some of the treated water and some wet feed by dipping her beak every hour or so. Usually coccidiosis strikes laster than at 2 days, so it could be something else wrong that you may not be able to treat. I hope she gets better.
Thanks but I dipped her beak in water and food it spits it out please help it’s gonna die it’s so weak now 😭

If you can get the Corid into her, she may gave a chance. I've revived chicks on the brink of death before, but I've list just as many. If you're 100% sure it's coccidiosis, you need Corid.

If you can get the Corid into her, she may gave a chance. I've revived chicks on the brink of death before, but I've list just as many. If you're 100% sure it's coccidiosis, you need Corid.
I already did she’s been on Corid water for 2 days now and the undiluted 0.1ml for a day now. But this evening she WONT eat or drink anything she refuses even when I get it into her mouth she shakes it out and starts screaming

My 3 day old has coccidiosis, and I’m treating it already but I can barely BARELY get her to eat or drink at all and I have to force her water with a syringe, she doesn’t stop crying all day no matter what. She crys under the brooder plate, while I’m holding her, if I try to feed her, etc never stops. What the heck do I do? Her sister is 4 days old and runs and jumps around but she can’t even walk she kind of leans backwards and sits on her bum..

Thanks but I dipped her beak in water and food it spits it out please help it’s gonna die it’s so weak now 😭

But this evening she WONT eat or drink anything she refuses even when I get it into her mouth she shakes it out and starts screaming
Can you please post photos of the chick and her poop?

At 3 days old, likely there's something else going on besides Coccidiosis.

Can this chick get her feet under her and stand up?

Try giving a little sugar water. If you have a syringe, give her one drop at a time.
If you don't have a syringe, then dip a Qtip in the water, tap it so it's not too saturated, then press the Qtip to the side of her beak and let a drop of water roll around her beak so she can take it in. It's a tedious process, but this is one way to get drops of fluid into a tiny chick.

Can you please post photos of the chick and her poop?

At 3 days old, likely there's something else going on besides Coccidiosis.

Can this chick get her feet under her and stand up?

Try giving a little sugar water. If you have a syringe, give her one drop at a time.
If you don't have a syringe, then dip a Qtip in the water, tap it so it's not too saturated, then press the Qtip to the side of her beak and let a drop of water roll around her beak so she can take it in. It's a tedious process, but this is one way to get drops of fluid into a tiny chick.

Attachments

• BAC6882E-EA75-42DB-B04F-7B4F6ED84754.jpeg
    BAC6882E-EA75-42DB-B04F-7B4F6ED84754.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 881E08D6-8A09-4EA1-85FE-FF8B8A85CBA6.jpeg
    881E08D6-8A09-4EA1-85FE-FF8B8A85CBA6.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 923F178D-D5E5-4689-B298-AF089D4021DD.jpeg
    923F178D-D5E5-4689-B298-AF089D4021DD.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 7
  • F192A116-A38A-465A-9373-DA9C85A0527F.jpeg
    F192A116-A38A-465A-9373-DA9C85A0527F.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 6
I accidentally read that as 3 week old, not 3 day old. That looks like Coccidiosis, but she's not likely to get exposed to it in a brooder. I wonder if she has something else going on, like failure to thrive or a birth defect.

What is she eating? Are these symptoms new?

Back
Top Bottom