Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

My little buff cochin bantam started growing dark grey specks on his/her wing feathers. Does this signify anything? Maybe different breed? Color? Sex?

S/he was the only one in the entire bin at the feed store with a small grey 'dot' on the top of the head. Also was the smallest in the bin.

Thanks!

This picture shows size difference.

Oh and I know they are too young to tell sex, I just have heard that sometimes a dot on the head might mean something. But unsure of what breeds that's in. Thanks again!
263a.png

THIS LOOKS LIKE A ROOSTER
AS THE HEAD IS DOMINAT IN PROPORTION TO REST OF BODY

Interesting to know. Ok, thanks! My neighbor will be happy to hear that as I told her if the black one is a roo she can have him. :) Did you see the white one I posted too? What do you think of that one? I REALLY hope I didn't pick out all roos. LOL! The black & the white one's combs have stayed smaller than the red's (aka Billy) and haven't started darkening up yet. Billy must be maturing a little faster than the other two. Supposedly they were all hatched on 3/1 and they're the same in size so far.

After stalking this thread for a few weeks, now I finally have my own bantam frizzle cochins. I actually have a trio of red, black and white, but so far I've only been able to get a good pic of the red. I was told they were hatched on 3/1. What are your opinions on this little one? The comb is a lot bigger than the white or the black ones'. Hopefully I can upload some pics of those soon for comparison.

it loos lik a rooster
but sure is cute

Awesome! I was actually hoping I was right and he is a roo. He definitely acts like one, much more outgoing than the rest of the bunch. He acts almost like it's his job to check everything out before anyone else can. LOL!

Below are the pics of the white frizzle I was able to get this evening. She's not as interested in being handled as the red one is, so I haven't dared to put her on the chair for good pics like I got earlier of the red. Her feathers are a lot different from the red and black ones'.

LOWER WHITE LOOKS LIKE A FEMALE
I CAN'T TELL ABOUT THE TOP ONE.

Back
Top Bottom