Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
I bought some cochin bantam chicks at the last swap. I noticed one has silkied feathers. She's very pretty! I have found out she is Purebred, She is a Silkied Cochin Bantam. Has anyone ever had one of these before? If I put her with my Cochin rooster I should get 50/50 silkied and normal cochins right?
Silkied Cochin bantam is not a purebred. Bantam Cochins can be purebred and Silkies are purebred but not together. You may have a Silkied Cochin but it is a mix breed.

I bought some cochin bantam chicks at the last swap. I noticed one has silkied feathers. She's very pretty! I have found out she is Purebred, She is a Silkied Cochin Bantam. Has anyone ever had one of these before? If I put her with my Cochin rooster I should get 50/50 silkied and normal cochins right?
There is nothing that you can breed her to that will produce purebreds since she is not purebred.

I know she is not a pure breed but she sure looks like she would be soft to give chick snuggles, she is very lovely--enjoy her :)

I think a new Peppermint chick hatched today but not 100% positive as I didn't mark the eggs. But I have only ever seen her chicks with that chick color.
jumpy.gif

she is probably a sub standard silkie as the silkie feather gene is recesive. you need to have two silkie feathered birds to create another silkie.

Back
Top Bottom