Cochin chick leg feathering question

jwg423

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 10, 2011
Minnesota
We just received 25 Cochin and 25 Jersey Giants from a hatchery they are all 2 days old and they all look the same, not sure if it was a hatchery mistake or maybe the chicks really do look that similar? I know Cochins should have feathered legs and none of ours have feathered legs, but is this something that will develop later or should they have feathers on their legs already?
I would like to try to determine asap if it is an error so I can call and have them send me cochins I was really looking forward to my little feather footed chickies.
Thanks everyone for your help
smile.png

Last edited:
95509_chicks_8-10-11.jpg

My camera takes an awful picture under the heat lamp but here is a few of them, the brown ones are welsummers but the "others" all look the same

Thank you for your help! I thought that they were supposed to have the feathering right away, thank you for confirming
smile.png

I will call the hatchery tomorrow and ask about it...
mistakes do happen and I have been quite happy with them for previous services thus far, I'm sure that they will correct the error...

Coonriver-I got his dad from McMurray.

jwg423-Your welcome. Looks like you got 25 freebees! Hope they are dual purpose and you can at least eat them (well if you do that sort of thing).

Back
Top Bottom