Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
Thanx Danny! Do you know how much better (if at all) the lacing will get with their next molt? Which ones have the best chance of further lace development? At what age does the lacing finally mature?

I don't really know. Tom would probably know if he chimes in. I recently emailed Tom about what I could use to improve the gold laced but I haven't heard back yet.

Quote:
The pictures aren't all that great. From what I can see, I think they're pretty fairly priced - depends on the market in your area. Here where I am, the Blue pair and the Splash pair would be a little over-priced - there are pairs of similar quality on Craigslist all the time here for $15-$25/pair.

I don't know that I'd personally jump to buy any of them. All the 3-month-olds are too young to really tell how they're going to mature (I'd maybe snag those White pullets at $5 each though, just to see how they fill out
tongue.png
). I don't really like either the Splash or Blue rooster, they're kinda scrawny looking - the older Blue pullet might be pretty nice if her cushion wasn't in tatters.
hmm.png
hu.gif

And I've been meaning to PM you - fertility was a no-go on my test eggs (hence my questions about AI earlier this week
big_smile.png
).

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
He's so pretty!! I can see why the ladies like him! Is he considered a Lemon Blue?

Yes he is a lemon blue- can't get over how his feathers gleam gold! i got him from a fellow bycer that i was rehabbing one of her cubalaya cockerals, and she is focusing on them rather than the cochins- he has no clue how small he is though, he keeps challenging our light brahma roo....

100_1223sm.jpg

and today when one of the girls laid and egg he began the egg song too....

Quote:
frow.gif
Robin!
Congrats on your new Rooster! Hes beautiful enjoy him!
celebrate.gif

thanks! they so diifferent- he slept in my lap coming home saturday- totally relaxed

Quote:
The pictures aren't all that great. From what I can see, I think they're pretty fairly priced - depends on the market in your area. Here where I am, the Blue pair and the Splash pair would be a little over-priced - there are pairs of similar quality on Craigslist all the time here for $15-$25/pair.

I don't know that I'd personally jump to buy any of them. All the 3-month-olds are too young to really tell how they're going to mature (I'd maybe snag those White pullets at $5 each though, just to see how they fill out
tongue.png
). I don't really like either the Splash or Blue rooster, they're kinda scrawny looking - the older Blue pullet might be pretty nice if her cushion wasn't in tatters.
hmm.png
hu.gif

And I've been meaning to PM you - fertility was a no-go on my test eggs (hence my questions about AI earlier this week
big_smile.png
).

what would be your OBO,??
and he told me that the blue hen was from me !! i told him that she is sold !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom