Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
I was going to make them a "catwalk" to pose on, but I already had the pedestal! I am now designing a weathervane for them to stand on for pictures.

congrats on selling your rooster! I would imagine they would make a good house chicken...I am not sure about the sizes but mine are getting pretty heavy, esp the partridge cochins.

Quote:

Here is my 2nd bantam cochin cock.

13227_036.jpg

Here's a pic of my week old lav. baby....How soon can you tell the sex? I am hoping for a hen. I have blacks and blues but just love the lavenders too.!
33557_picture_004.jpg

33557_picture_006.jpg

She's the only one that hatched so she enjoys having her stuffed animal buddies by her/him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so excited to have found this thread!
I had 3 bantam silver laced that I got from my local TSC in April.
17240_bantys_group_of_3-2.jpg

As it turned out we had a trio, one beautiful cockeral and two pulletts.
17240_dandy_2009-06-29_c.jpg

17240_daisy_2009-06-29_b.jpg

17240_cochin_pullett_2009-10-11.jpg

We lost the cockeral when he was 15/16 weeks old - my only loss so far - wouldn't you know it!
We bought this one to "replace" him, but I'm not as fond of him as I was of the silver laced.
17240_dancer_standing_tall_2009-10-11.jpg

I guess I was more partial because we had him since he was a few days old. The new roo "Dancer" has taken up with our standard hens and moved himself in to their coop.

We love the cochins and DH REALLY wants more. We'd like to find a silver laced (bantam) roo to add back with our girls, but I'm really loving the blues too. And DANNY-the hen in the fourth picture in your original post is georgeous! Is she a blue? I also think the Mille Fleurs are very pretty. If there is anyone near Nashville with a roo or pulletts they would like to sell, please lets talk. I don't have a huge amount of space to raise various colors, so I guess I'll have to narrow it down.
Thanks for this thread.

Quote:
They're gorgeous Janelle! I'll have to get some good pics of "the Ladies" and they're new gentleman Baxter. I have some eggs in the incubator to see if he's doing his job. LOL

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom