Cochin Thread!!!

Here are pics of the new chick and the cute family out and about. I am really baffled by the new chicks color. I am assuming it is only half cochin but my hens are 2 white rocks, a lavender Orpington, and Jewel. It is very pretty just surprised with the color. Blu is being such a good rooster keeping the rest of the flock away from the chicks and helping Jewel feed them. He is very gentle and treats them like he knows they are his.

OH that is totally cute!!! I can't wait to see what color the lil one turns out to be.

Here are pics of the new chick and the cute family out and about. I am really baffled by the new chicks color. I am assuming it is only half cochin but my hens are 2 white rocks, a lavender Orpington, and Jewel. It is very pretty just surprised with the color. Blu is being such a good rooster keeping the rest of the flock away from the chicks and helping Jewel feed them. He is very gentle and treats them like he knows they are his.

My little guy at 5 weeks.

Ahhh I cant stand how cute this is!!! Lol

I cant compete with Rhandi74, but Lavender and Cinder went out to dust bathe while I cleaned the brooder. Cinder didnt try it, but she did look at her crazy mother funny when she did it. :) Lavender has a lot of broken back feathers, I hope she molts out this fall.

My little bantam girls. They are a little over 4 months old. Nothing spectacular, but I like them. The little barred Is a sweetheart. I thought she was a boy for a long time because she was so brave and bossy as a chick. But shes all girl, shes just a people lover.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom