Cochin Thread!!!

After sine very stormy days with lots of flooding, we are having an amazingly beautiful weekend. I got the camera out this morning and took some new pics.
These are pics of my mottled pair, Seurat (about 6-7 months old) and Abigail Frizzy-Pants (about 10-11 months old).

59584_spring_chicken1.jpg

59584_mottleds.jpg

59584_seraut.jpg

59584_seraut_2.jpg

Robert

Quote:
It's been so tough to hear about all the bad weather in the midwest, east and south this year - so glad to hear you're having a great weekend.
It looks like Seurat and Abigail are coming along just great!

Elinor's chicks :

I'm a true backyard chicken owner - I have a townhouse in the city. We can have a few hens - no roosters, and bantams are best for me. I have a buff Brahma right now. I'm attracted to cochins because of their gentle temperments and tolerance to cooping. The fact that they are beautiful is a plus. Sure I wish they were better layers, but temperment is more important to me. I can't order chicks because you have to buy too many, and there's the risk of getting roosters - and boy is it hard to find someone with one pullet they are willing to sell! I'm trying to find a breeder of bantam Cochins in KY, preferably central KY. There are colors I like better than others, but in my position I can't be picky. I'm not looking for a show bird - just a nice girl with sound conformation. I corresponded with someone the next state over about one of her birds, but haven't heard back. Know of anyone I could contact?

Elinor, I have several girls that I would like to get rehomed to someone who would love them. They are not show quality birds, but they are very beautiful none the less. The one that I have in mind is a VERY heavily laced birchen hen that doesn't particularly work and play well with other hens. I'm not saying you can't have other hens, but is DEFINITELY the BOSS. She will have it no other way. Away from other birds she is very sweet with people. I've also got a light blue hen and I have a blind partridge hen that is very sweet but I kind of hate leaving her with the rest of the flock. I'd like to see her someplace where she can get her bearings and stay there. She is very beautiful also. I'd be happy to send you pictures if you're interested in any of them.​

Nice Birds! I think my Mottled Roo looks ALOT like the last pic with maybe just a bit more white on his legs and a bit more black on the chest but they could be brothers. Adorable! Thanks for the info-I went back over to the Bator and hatching section. The others hatched with a bit higher humidity around 65-70 degrees as it should have been. I've gotten the humidity up by covering the bators with small bath towels so I would be I have a bad fit around the sides. have some peeping this afternoon yay!!!!!

Brassy back Blue Cockerel Sorry for the comb damage to the 2 roosters our Winter storage barn for our birds Collapsed due to the amounts of snow we recieved and couldnt even get it repaired till the snow cleared we had 6-9 foot snow drifts.
61206_sing_038.jpg

This is my Black Standard Cochin Hen, Blue Standard Cochin Hen, and Brassy back Blue Cockerel again

61206_sing_039.jpg

Opposite Side Standard Black Hen and Standard Golden Laced Hen.

61206_sing_040.jpg

Same Girls With the Standard Blue Cochin Hen.

61206_sing_041.jpg

Enjoy
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Nice pics! What did you breed to get the Brassy Back Blue?

Got him from a good friend.

I'm not really familiar with Brassy Backs - I know it's a much more common color in Game breeds. I wonder what the genetic makeup of a Brassy Back is in comparison to a Lemon Blue? Back to my books . . .

Back
Top Bottom