Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
Dixie, I went back to take a look at your blue pullet, so I'll give you my very novice opinion. The first thing I noticed was her color which I think is very nice. She's got the depth of blue that many are lacking. She also has very nice lacing. Now as far as her type is concerned, I will tell you I'm very limited in my ability to judge a bird accurately. So what I noticed first in the full body pictures is her cushion, it appears to be a bit stiff. Her overall appearance is nice. I would like to see a slightly different shaped head, it appears to be a little long; however I have a black hen that was ugly as a mud fence when she was little. She is now a beautiful black hen and she grew into her head. No matter what critiques you get at this point, she will change A LOT between now and maturity.
All in all, she looks nice to me and I'd be proud to have.

Here are some brothers/sisters of Roberts chicks
celebrate.gif

83951_dsc_0174.jpg

My little Mottled pullet, "Miracle", is growing up!
smile.png
I think she should be around 6 months old now...I'll have to find my calender, it's written in there. She was a very late autumn hatch last year, brooded all winter long in my basement.

And of course she decided to take a poo as soon as she saw the camera.
roll.png

MiracleMay2011-2.jpg

I went to the show at Peoria today. Plenty of Bantam Cochins and a nice representation of Standards also. I got to meet Linda Tobia who is the new President of Cochins International. I took 6 Blacks to the show. My males didn't do well but my females did. My pullet was Reserve of Breed. My hen won Best of Breed, Best Featherleg, Best Bantam, and Best of the Show. I will try to get a good picture of her posted soom.

Back
Top Bottom