Cochin Thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Jun 7, 2009.

1. wildwoodcochins

wildwoodcochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Beautiful birds~ [​IMG]

2. jrome1

jrome1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    Anyone know what it is when a chicken spits alot when you pick them up?

3. ChickcrazyCharlie

ChickcrazyCharlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Leesburg, FL
    Hi Amy, thank you. Yes, I have a few. 5 pullets and 1 cockerel. I hatched them from some eggs I bought from Fay at Frizzed Feathers Farm. A very nice lady. I also hatched 1 black mottled pullet and 2 black cockerels. They are really shaping up. Here are a few more pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  4. ChickcrazyCharlie

ChickcrazyCharlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Leesburg, FL
    Thank you, I'm glad you like them.
    Quote:Beautiful birds~ [​IMG]

5. chevgrl

chevgrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Western Iowa
    Does anyone know of any Buff cochin breeders selling eggs?

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I have new pics of my beauties that I will post tomorrow. [​IMG]

7. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Quote:You might want to re-post this under the health and emergency section, but my first thought was that you might just be picking them up right after they've taken a drink of water. When you do that you'll usually put pressure under their crop and that will force the water back up and out their mouths and noses. It's not generally serious, but I try to avoid it because I'm afraid they choke or even possibly suffocate.

8. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You might want to re-post this under the health and emergency section, but my first thought was that you might just be picking them up right after they've taken a drink of water. When you do that you'll usually put pressure under their crop and that will force the water back up and out their mouths and noses. It's not generally serious, but I try to avoid it because I'm afraid they choke or even possibly suffocate.

same with mine but sometimes it's when you hold them upside down, gravity makes the water fall out

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Beautiful! [​IMG] I love the blues! Nice feathered feet too.

10. danaalex

danaalex Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2011
    i love seeing all of the pictures of cochins grown up :) mine are about a month old and i think they are an awesome looking chicken! i don't know what i have ( in terms of gender) but i'm really hoping that out of the 6 i have either at least one hen, or at least one rooster!

does anyone know if putting silkies with cochins would be a good idea, or not?? thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by