Cochin Thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Jun 7, 2009.

1. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:sorry we got off topic lol and yes they're pretty babies [​IMG] of course my opinion is biased lol

2. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Wow very nice [​IMG]

That little mottled is sooo pretty!!! [​IMG]
    Quote:

3. Black Cochin Bantams

Black Cochin Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Iowa
    Quote:Do you want the truth? Better to say nothing sometimes. Fishing for comments and self promotion doesn't make it with me!
    Craig

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Quote:Gee, Matt, I wouldn't know WHO you are talking about! [​IMG]

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:Do you want the truth? Better to say nothing sometimes. Fishing for comments and self promotion doesn't make it with me!
    Craig

WHAT?? I'm NOT looking for "self promotion"!! I want an honest critique of my birds so I can learn and improve them. Please excuse me for stepping on your toes, your highness. [​IMG]

6. Black Cochin Bantams

Black Cochin Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Iowa
    Craig

WHAT?? I'm NOT looking for "self promotion"!! I want an honest critique of my birds so I can learn and improve them. Please excuse me for stepping on your toes, your highness. [​IMG]

Your mottled have good type and will probably develop into pretty nice birds. Your splash birds are hard to tell because I only see the back ends of many of them. Only 1 profile that allows a good look at that bird. Good eye color and comb.

7. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    i have a splash mottled. Best of both worlds! I am crossing him with my best black mottled girls. I have 6 eggs developing under a broody now with another 13 under 2 new broodies. Going to mark all the eggs tomorrow and then split them between that pair and my other pair of broody mottled girls. Of course, now that it is in the 40-50's temp wise, everyone goes broody! LOL. I have 5 broodies currently......yay me [​IMG]

At least it makes hatching of eggs easier.....

8. ChickcrazyCharlie

ChickcrazyCharlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Leesburg, FL
    HAHHAHAHAH Hey Matt, I know what you mean. Looking at her beautiful mottleds got me hooked in a big way.
    Quote:Gee, Matt, I wouldn't know WHO you are talking about! [​IMG]

9. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:WHAT?? I'm NOT looking for "self promotion"!! I want an honest critique of my birds so I can learn and improve them. Please excuse me for stepping on your toes, your highness. [​IMG]

Your mottled have good type and will probably develop into pretty nice birds. Your splash birds are hard to tell because I only see the back ends of many of them. Only 1 profile that allows a good look at that bird. Good eye color and comb.

OK. Here are better pics of my Splash:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  10. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK
    Quote:One of my Mille Fleur pullets just went broody on 6 eggs. I sure don't need more birds but alot of folks have been askeing for Pullets/hens to go with all the roos I've been "culling" their way. What are the chances that these pullet's egg will have any female chicks? - 50/50, ha!
    I am begining to tell which pullets have better type and have a couple to sell but still have alot more roos to part with. I know it isn't a rare problem but I just wanted to vent my frustration and having too many roos is better than having no Cochins at all.

I went to a poultry show this past Saturday and saw alot of very nice birds. None were more apealing to me that the Cochins. There is a breed/breeds for everyone and Cochins are the one for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by