Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
That sounds great! I can't wait to see your new pair! The photos on Facebook are so gorgeous of the Cochins. I am glad I did not go as I would have come way too poor but beauty rich!

Quote:
That sounds great! I can't wait to see your new pair! The photos on Facebook are so gorgeous of the Cochins. I am glad I did not go as I would have come way too poor but beauty rich!

Me too!

They're nothing too terribly fancy. The price was right and I liked the hen. I am selling off some extra black mottled not great quality hens at a show in a couple weeks and may send the boy off with one of them. Hard to tell as I didn't get to look too close yesterday and they were already packed up today and I literally bought them out of the shipping crate at the last minute.

None of the show birds in bantam cochins were marked for sale in the show cages. There was a large fowl mottled pair shown (not for sale). The hen was stunning! If I did AI, I would get a show quality black lf and work on them. However I don't do AI, so doesn't matter
smile.png

I had a great time at the Crossroads show. I got meet many Cochin lovers and see some great birds of many breeds and varieties that I had not seen before. I helped at the Cochin International table as needed. The breeders directory alone is worth the price of being a CI member. GREAT JOB Gail!! Only 1 GL Cochin at the show and that was a large fowl. My Columbian Cochins did as well as I had hoped they would. They were best and reserve of Columbian variety. I purchased a pair of very nice and calm Black Cochins for my grandson to show. I also got a pair for myself.

Great pics! Did anyone happen to get any pics of more frizzles? Lol! And the Butterscotch Cochins, just gorgeous. I actually have a little frizzle cockerel that I hatched the exact same color! So wish I could have went.

~Casey

Quote:
Well done!! You got the Cochin highlights and a nice cross section of some of other breeds. With 10276 entries I think you did a very good job of giving a brief glimpse of the show.

Back
Top Bottom