Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
Well done!! You got the Cochin highlights and a nice cross section of some of other breeds. With 10276 entries I think you did a very good job of giving a brief glimpse of the show.

Thanks Craig
smile.png
There's NO way that anyone could get pics of all those birds just WOW!!! and I did get a trio of gold laced bantams while I was there, not sure if you saw them or not

WOW!!! What a week/weekend we had!! SO much fun and the time to hang out with the "big dogs" and soak up the information that oozes from them.
Craig, you are such a wonderful, kind, helpful, GENEROUS, and supportive person. I hope someday to be in a reciprocating position, and that I would have something to offer you that might be good to fit into your program. I just can't say enough good things about you AND your birds. Your babies are home and safely settled in their temporary coops until my building is delivered today or tomorrow.
Years ago I bred and exhibited dogs (Keeshonden) and there is simply NO comparison between dog folks and chicken folks. Poultry, or at least chicken people are the most fantastic group of people. The politics and competition in dogs is ruthless; with chickens it's very competitive, but everyone has so much fun, and I for one don't have enough of that in my life, so it's very therapeutic for me. HA!
lol.png
Just wish I had an endless source of money.
I came home with way more birds than I went there with, and Mandy's eagle eye found the most unexpected and fantastic deal for me. Sheryl Butler had a sale area and dear, sweet Mandy found a gorgeous blue hen that propels my Blue breeding program, numerous years into the future. In the process of making that purchase, Sheryl's hen that went reserve variety, and a lovely little cockerel in the show were offered for sale. Needless to say I jumped all over that offer. They are now home with me and I can hardly take my eyes off of them.
Today is going to be one of those days where all I do is stand around and look at my birds.
Before I jump off here, I'd also like to thank Tom Roebuck for my drop dead gorgeous Buff Columbian pair, Jamie Matts for my Partridge pair and again Craig for my Columbians and the Birchen kid. That little Birchen is going to be my foot guy. He has the most beautiful feet, they are almost orange.
Mandy I want to thank you for the whole trip, without you I wouldn't have what I have now AND you were a real life saver at the end when we were packing up. It would have taken me the rest of the day yesterday to get all that stuff and the birds hauled out to the car.
Nancy

Last edited:
You're very welcome Nancy glad to help
smile.png
It was just one event that will NEVER be forgotten! I have been waiting to attend since I first started breeding my birds and I never thought that I would have anything of the quality to show let alone win anything with
woot.gif
I am so proud of my little pullet
wee.gif

Congratulations and Thank You to everyone that helped make this show exceptional!!!

Greetings,

I'd like to query the experts on my newest rooster. He is a bantam cochin and I am wondering what color he is. A little google search makes me think blue, but after reading here I am not as sure.
idunno.gif

Charlie is about 5 months old. And no matter the color I love him, he is very friendly and I pick him up daily.
love.gif
Mostly I just wanted to share
big_smile.png

109463_charlie.jpg

So help me understand or point me to a guideline, the splash is the multi colors in him, brown and gray?

Quote:
He looks splash to me as well.

Or a very light colored Blue..

my chochin hen's chick hatched light blue with white and black feathers in him at the same time, you would think he is splash, but he is not, his brother is not blue at all.

BlueBlackWhite1.jpg

BlueBlackWhite2.jpg

Boysat12weeks1a.jpg

BlueChick12weeks1.jpg

BlueChick14week5.jpg

Blueboy1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom