Cochin Thread!!!

Yes, I just saw him last weekend
smile.png

And I got my present buff pair from him.
cool, i may have to make an excuse to go up and visit this summer. maybe time it around a show he'll be at.

I finally hatched out my first Silver Penciled Cochins last night. Silver Penciled Cochins are a recognized variety that in not common. I have only seen one person ever show Silver Penciled. My way of describing SP is think Partridge in Silver. 4 live chicks so far. More SP eggs in the incubator.The chicks look so Partridge at this age.
Some Chicks The Rooster does not really look this color. The flash gave him a funny color/glow

The Hen with the Rooster in the background

Last edited:
I finally hatched out my first Silver Penciled Cochins last night. My way of describing SP is think Partridge in Silver. 4 live chicks so far. More SP eggs in the incubator.The chicks look so Partridge at this age. My kind of project to hatch and try to improve recognized varieties that need work.
Some Chicks The Rooster does not really look this color. The flash gave him a funny color/glow

Nice birds!

Congrats Joanie!!!!!
By the way, my black bantam cochin rooster was Best Featherleg at the Central Maine Bird Fanciers Show this past weekend.

OHHHHHH!! They are precious!! LOVE, love, love the silver penciled...don't know that I have ever seen that before!! They are stunning birds!
love.gif

I finally hatched out my first Silver Penciled Cochins last night. Silver Penciled Cochins are a recognized variety that in not common. I have only seen one person ever show Silver Penciled. My way of describing SP is think Partridge in Silver. 4 live chicks so far. More SP eggs in the incubator.The chicks look so Partridge at this age.

Nice birds!

Back
Top Bottom