Cochin Thread!!!

Well, it is really small for a 6 week old chick. It looks like its only 2 maybe 3 weeks old to me. Im just looking at size and feathering of course. How long have u had it?? I dont always go by age, I go by feathering. If u think about it the feathers are what keeps them warm and it dont seem to have very many yet. I had some outside that are 6 weeks and I had 10 die on me cause they got too cold and they were double the size of urs. The rest are now and will be under a heat lamp for a while!! Yeah, warm it up and just see if it seem to perk up a bit and they always do better w/ other chicks too if u dont have any with it. If its 6 weeks Id say is a little hen!!! I really dont see much of a cone!!! Ur welcome and of course this is just my opinion! Good luck
big_smile.png
& hope this helps ya!!
I wanted to add.... If u look at the post near urs where the lady added pictures of her cochins she said hers were 8 weeks old. Yours should be close to the size of her considering thats only 2 weeks difference.

i was calculating and i got it when i had my last and first hatch, and i put the eggs that are due in two days in about a week so that would make this little on 5 weeks. so i dont know it is smaller than the hatch i got of the same time.
idunno.gif

i was calculating and i got it when i had my last and first hatch, and i put the eggs that are due in two days in about a week so that would make this little on 5 weeks. so i dont know it is smaller than the hatch i got of the same time.
idunno.gif
The only reason I asked is cause I have bought chickens off ppl and them say they are a different age than what they really were. So either way, u hatched it urself so u know for sure! I really dont know y its that small maybe just a cute little runt!!

The only reason I asked is cause I have bought chickens off ppl and them say they are a different age than what they really were. So either way, u hatched it urself so u know for sure! I really dont know y its that small maybe just a cute little runt!!
lol i have her indoor with a heatlamp. its doing alot better running around and eating.
thank you guys i could have lost her for just now knowing

Back
Top Bottom