Cochin Thread!!!

I can't believe you're so far away in Johannisburg! Is it yesterday or tomorrow there for me? Which way do I look at that?
It's early morning here now 6:39 AM. Some of us have to start work nice and early
wink.png

I will do anything to beat the city traffic!

Does anyone have any eggs they're willing to sell? I'm in central WI and am willing to pay for shipping. I don't want BBS or partridge, not really interested in frizzles but if I get a cpl it's no big deal, and am open to standard [prefered] or bantams. I only have 1 bantam right now and it's a white roo. He's almost 4 mos old & I have nothing to breed him to. I'm really hoping to find red and any other rare color. If anyone has other breeds, I'm also interested in silkies, show girls, polish, salmon faverolles, and standard naked necks/turkens. Please send me a PM w/details, as I've talked in too many groups to keep on top of all of them. Thanks!

I need to know if anyone else has ever experienced this. The chicks I hatch out in the fall (August) seem to go to bed around 5-6 pm every night. This will stay true with them forever meaning that even at 3 years old they continue this habit. The chicks I hatch in the spring will go to bed around 7-8 and this habit seems to stay with them. I thought a lot about this and wondered if time or day length is imprinted on them early in life. With the fall chicks the days are shorter and I think they develop a habit of short days. The same with the spring chicks. I have some that are 4 years old and still continue with bedtime hours of when they were hatched. Has anyone else experienced this or am I just a crazy cluck ??????
This is very interesting. I have chickens that go in at different times and some mill around for awhil in the coop before the light goes out and some are early to roost. Never thought too much of it. Wonder if there could be something to this.
idunno.gif

What does everyone keep their cochins on in their run and coop? I'm having a heck of a time keeping them clean and dry and foot feathers intact without putting them in wire cages off the ground. These are not for showing but need to stay nice for breeding etc...
Pictures would be a bonus ;-)

Back
Top Bottom