Cochin Thread!!!

I'm guessing him to be a Splash with tawny leakage. I don't know what you're feeding, but you might look into a non-corn based feed just to see if that has an effect on the color. FYI the tawny color is not a desirable trait so you would want to see if it could be dietary or that is his true color. He looks to be a clear blue as a chick, so............
Oh and you'll need to wait for him to molt after you change feed, to see if there is a change.

Awesome thanks will do :)

I was told this was a partrage cochin. But to me other then the feathered legs and toes does not look like the body of my other cotchins. Could it be something else?

Maybe is he is a mix he doesn't look like my cochins they all have that fat fluffy ball look to them lol which is why I love them!

Maybe is he is a mix he doesn't look like my cochins they all have that fat fluffy ball look to them lol which is why I love them! 

She is supposed to true to one breed. She came from meyer hatchery. I have a blue and splash cochin from meyer that turned out beautiful. But this one seems way off. Long legs tight feathers on the body straight tight tail feathers. And not as calm as my others... She is only 16 weeks old but to me she does not look like a cochin at all.......

Back
Top Bottom