Cochin Thread!!!

My new Cochin chicks, they're supposed to be 12 weeks old, I think they may be bantam

I haven't had any luck breaking my cochin of her broodiness so i said screw it and went and got her 3 polish eggs. Now we wait. Dumb birds.

I got two new Cochins yesterday! They are 4 weeks old and look promising for pullets. A blue Cochin and the black is crossed with a SLW. I think they are both adorable!

Went to S&C lately and they had a outbreak of males hatch this year as well. One pen had around 20 black mottled cockerel bantams. I stood and watched them for quite some time. Oh my the way they walk is so adorable! They look as if they shuffle! I may add a pair of bantams next year after all.

I'm relatively new to Cochin. I have three Milli Fleur/Calico bantam. Well one of the girls is the color of what I would call porcelain in other breeds. I love her creamy blue with white spots.

I no longer have the smooth hen. What do I need to work towards? Ive been offered a mottled hen and been told to use one to work on the roos spots. I was also told to use a red to improve color, but I personally prefer the more golden. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Other then being adorable, the frizzled hen is a blue millie, not porcelain. Porcelain is from a lavender gene and she is blue.
But i would like her regardless in my program. ♡

As for mottled hen, if you do, just remember that the chicks will have more blk in them vrs calico/millie. You would either breed the chicks back to their daddy or get another calico/millie rooster to enhance the coloring. But also, watch type. Dont want to loose that while focusing on the colors and patterns.

Back
Top Bottom