Cochin Thread!!!

This was the best LF cochins at the state fair this year. She also won BoB.
I can't wait to take my pullet to the state fair!

Just ordered a beautiful mille fleur pair from Amy Phillips, should be sent out Tuesday.
One frizzle mille roo and one smooth mille hen. So excited :D

Im trying to breed them true. I 1st used orphingtons in my 1st generation and crossed with blk and blk mottleds. Ive gotten several generations from them and had added another outside pair into the flock to get new lines. The cock bird from that pair carried the barred gene as its popping up in this generation of chicks. I have been trying to improve the quality of type now that i got thr color pretty consistent as well as skin color.
Next spring, ill be adding blk and blk mottled into the program again fot feather quality and type.
These lils are 7th/8th generation into the program and interesting to see what comes next yr.

Mindylee not sure how but I missed your pics here. I am absolutely in love with that little chocolate roo!!! Nice job he is girgeous :)

Mindylee not sure how but I missed your pics here. I am absolutely in love with that little chocolate roo!!! Nice job he is girgeous :)

Thank you so much!!! I've been working very hard with this project. Just love them as much as my millies. With the millies, i purchased all the original stock from other great reputable breeders that make up most of my flock today. The chocolates i started from scratch. I even almost gave up last yr as i lost a bunch to a mink and racoon. But decided to take a bunch of old eggs that was laying in the hay and the 6 eighteen count cartons I took to work to give to employees to eat. I took all back after refrigerating over night, and tossed almost 150 eggs ( mixed millies&chocolates) in bator to see what i would hatch. 48 hatched with many being the chocolates which boost me back into giving it my all to strive and continue what i almost lost.
It was a lucky save and thankful i had all them eggs laying around all that time.

Last edited:
You won't ever regret it
One of my main breeder cock birds is a frizzled millie i hatched from eggs i bought from Amy!!!

I'm glad I decided to go with her, her birds are beautiful. She let me pick out which ones I wanted and I picked out this roo.
I'm especially excited for the rooster, he's gorgeous :D

The birds got here :) It seems she sent the wrong rooster though, but still a beautiful one.
This boy is younger though so he is still growing.
Very happy with them though, so gorgeous! So excited for her to start laying so I can put her eggs in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom