Cochin Thread!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Cochin fanatics!!!
smile.png

A poultry show tomorrow Sat. near Iowa City. Get off at 1st exit east of Iowa City on I80. Held at the auction complex on the SE corner of the exit. About 1550 birds entered and almost 100 sale pens. I know there are Black, Whites, Mottled, and Columbian bantam cochins entered. Did not hear about the standard birds.

Let's just assume I end up getting my Cochins (regular; not bantam) via Hatchery stock. That being said; which hatcherys have the "least bad" stock?... Thanks!
smile.png

I LOVE cochins. My friend had a roo that LOVED me, he would fall asleep on my stomach when I layed down!! My friend sold him and his girl
hit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Are you planning on showing? Sandhill would be the best if you were trying to show.
But if you just want them as pets it wouldnt matter :)

Neither... I want them primarily as brooders/mothers. The "extras" with be invited over for dinner. They will be surrogates for my main flock of Delawares. I'll want to keep a flock just big enough to fulfill their role and own procreation. The rest, just as with the Delawares, with become supper-birds.

Back
Top Bottom