Cochin Thread!!!

My birds have daily usage of a fenced in area in front of the coop. They take dust baths and scratch around in the dirt and things, and they seem to stay white like this. The birds I posted pics of have both been outside, with plenty of direct sun and more yellow corn than I would like to be feeding them, but they are staying pretty clean. My birds, I believe, carry the silver gene, and this helps keep them white, even in these conditions.

~Casey

This is my 15 week old Blue Cochin Bantam. He crowed at me this week end. I had him on the "what gender is my chicken" thread and all the replys are shocked it crowed. I was going to find him a new home immediately since I can't have roosters, but now I think I will hold onto him a bit longer. A girl can always hope.

I see no saddle feathers. Sometimes girls do crow... Keep that thought in mind.

Was he born this way or is this a new development? If it is a new development he has probably contracted a disease. I beleive Maerks (spelling) causes these types of problems. Sorry he is having problems.

Hello

Could anyone please sex these cochin chicks please, they are 6 weeks and we are very confused.

Thanks
Jack

Pic 1 - White Cochins

Pic 2 - Black cochins

Pic 3 - Blue and white cochin

Pic 4 - 2 white cochins

Thanks

Here I go again, lol. Couldnt help but share, snapped this on my cell the other evening. Not the greatest angel but its ok. This is the cockerel my nephew has claimed his, and has named 'Super Mario'. He should be ready for showing this Fall, if I can just keep him clean.

~Casey
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesson for today: Learn from my mistakes and don't repeat them.

Don't know how I can make such a big mistake. I washed the birds I was taking to the Iowa State Fair last week. When I was done I stacked the cages I had used to dry them against the coop. I had never stacked them that high before. A coon climbed the cages and went in a window that is normally too high and small to get in. When my wife opened up the coop Saturday morning she found all but 10 of my birds dead. She filled 3 feed sacks full of dead bantam Cochins. I had loaded the 13 birds entered at the show the night before so I hadn't lost those. I still have 25 fertile eggs in the incubator and some chicks in the brooder that might replace some that were lost. It was my fault and it is driving me nuts. All window are metal grid covered so that will never happen again.
Craig
I am very very sorry!!!

Hello

Could anyone please sex these cochin chicks please, they are 6 weeks and we are very confused.

Thanks
Jack

Pic 1 - White Cochins

Pic 2 - Black cochins

Pic 3 - Blue and white cochin

Pic 4 - 2 white cochins

Thanks
In my humble opinion it looks as tho
pic 1 hen Left Roo Right
pic 2 Roo Left Hen Right
Pic 3 and 4 2 Hens

Its possible I could be wrong on pic 4 so if I am somebody please let me know