Cochin Thread!!!

This is my 15 week old Blue Cochin Bantam. He crowed at me this week end. I had him on the "what gender is my chicken" thread and all the replys are shocked it crowed. I was going to find him a new home immediately since I can't have roosters, but now I think I will hold onto him a bit longer. A girl can always hope.

My blue bantam cochin pullets especially have been known to crow. I wouldnt give up hope yet. What type of crow was it?. My pullets have been very vociferous (is that a word?) over the years and some a real mystery for quite a while. This looks like a female. At this age this looks exactly like a female. How many syllables was the crow? One or more than one?

Last edited:
yes both legs are turned i will have scott take picture when he gets home thank you
OK good

Just wanted to let everyone know I did not "off" my cockerels the other day. I typed something in a fit of anger and went back to untype it and I was disconnected from the internet for two days. lol That will teach me. I have them in a very secure pen waiting for this weekend to sell them. One is so cute but not good quality he has a floppy comb and the biggest darkest eyes I think I might keep him he is just so cute. All I need is another cockerel.
roll.png
I am looking into some larger mink cages to keep some in the winter. The space is about 3 ft by 2 1/2 feet each cage. Now I just have to modify the door so it isnt "scratchy"

My blue bantam cochin pullets especially have been known to crow. I wouldnt give up hope yet. What type of crow was it?. My pullets have been very vociferous (is that a word?) over the years and some a real mystery for quite a while. This looks like a female. At this age this looks exactly like a female. How many syllables was the crow? One or more than one?
There was only one syllable. I have never heard it from inside the house. My neighbors have not heard it either. I was awake at 6:30 am today and considered going out to see if she would do it again but then I decided against it. I am so happy to hear that this has happened with other cochins as well. I am also very happy that I did not rehome her right away.
Did your pullets continue to crow after they started laying?

Back
Top Bottom