Cocke County TN Poultry SHow Nov 8

Wasn't it cool to be around so many chicken enthusiasts at once?
I enjoyed watching people collecting their birds to leave. The business-like breeders took care of their birds in an impersonal way. But ones that luuuuurve their chickens were walking out cradling their birds in their arms.

We walked out with our millies perched on our arms. Featherfoot birds don't like being cradled...

I saw your Polish pair before you got them, I think. The same guy had a pair of white-crested black, right?

There were a lot of Japanese bantams available. They are really pretty birds. There were even more OEGB, which are pretty, but seem a little too flighty for me.

But I guess I'll be breeding frizzles with my darling daughter for her science project next year
roll.png
She really loves the scruffy old bird she traded for....

I always enjoy those shows! so many people that are as crazy about chickens!
lol.png
I did see a nice pair of barred japs, they look so funny waddling around, I'm glad I wasn't there alone, I have a funny habit of coming home with a car full of chickens i don't need!!!

the silkies i got are super nice, but the polish are a little flighty! they got out of the "Quarantine coop" today and i spent 30+ minutes tryng to catch the devils
lau.gif
! they're lucky they're so cool looking!
I love frizzles! I plan to have a few soon we're embarking on another coop project I plan to have, of coarse, a mix pen, a Silkie/Showgirl pen, A cochin ans Frizzle pen, and a pen for whatever my dad wants since he's helping build it!

Back
Top Bottom