No-crow collars are cruel, they usually prevent your Rooster from eating and drinking. They think they can’t drink because they can’t crow. Never trying it, sorry.
Every one of them still crows, it's just quieter. I sat with them for hours yesterday to be sure they were okay. They are acting completely normal, eating, drinking, mating, crowing, tidbiting. The only difference is their crow is a bit quieter.

@ChocolateWingTheRooster
How is it going? My cockerel has calmed down quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. He's started mating 2 of the girls, and I think it's given him "focus" - lol! He pecked my boot once, and has since decided I'm not going to be a problem, I guess Hope it stays this way...

He was great today! He didn’t attempt to attack me! He just likes being loud... I also found a way to keep myself safe if he were to attack me.

Most interesting! Can you share your discovery?
:pop

Well, I found a stick... I wave the stick at him, he usually runs from it, but if he were to attack the stick I would tap him with it, forcing him to run out of the coop, I can also use the basket (that I use to collect the eggs) like this to get him away... or I just take him out of the coop, he then will distract himself with the rotten pears on the ground... I haven’t gotten physically attacked in awhile.

Well, I found a stick... I wave the stick at him, he usually runs from it, but if he were to attack the stick I would tap him with it, forcing him to run out of the coop, I can also use the basket (that I use to collect the eggs) like this to get him away... or I just take him out of the coop, he then will distract himself with the rotten pears on the ground... I haven’t gotten physically attacked in awhile.
The "Chicken Stick" is good thinking! I've used one, but mainly just to herd the boys out of the pen in the mornings. But that was back before they became "tree sleepers". :gig:gig:gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom