Cockerel or Pullet? Lavender Ameraucana

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. Out of curiosity if you don’t mind, what gives it away? I am trying to learn. Is it the saddle feathers coming in?
Yup, pointy saddles.
hen and roo.jpg

$120 for two ROOSTERS! I am so SORRY! I hope you can get your money back! Or at least trade for girls! If they are pure breed and you can't trade them, you shouldn't have THAT hard of a time rehoming. It's always difficult however, but maybe they could go to a breeding home, I was able to do that with my ameraucana boys. Sucks you were ripped of for two obvious boys, I got ripped off a few months ago as well and even though I insisted they were boys.... I was promised they were fast maturing pullets..... Now I am hard task of rehoming two roosters..... I shouldn't have taken them even when I knew they were boys, but they were in such bad condition I felt bad not rescuing them, as they were missing all back and tail feathers.

Last edited:
So sorry you were taking advantage of this way. The person selling them to you, if they are a breeder new full well these were male. If you paid $60 apiece expecting these to be female you should definitely get your money back. A steep price even for pullets in my opinion.😊
Thank you so much. The man promised to exchange them if they turned out to be roosters, but now he refuses. Scammed out of $120 and no blue eggs layers in my flock. :( I am so bummed.

$120 for two ROOSTERS! I am so SORRY! I hope you can get your money back! Or at least trade for girls! If they are pure breed and you can't trade them, you shouldn't have THAT hard of a time rehoming. It's always difficult however, but maybe they could go to a breeding home, I was able to do that with my ameraucana boys. Sucks you were ripped of for two obvious boys, I got ripped off a few months ago as well and even though I insisted they were boys.... I was promised they were fast maturing pullets..... Now I am hard task of rehoming two roosters..... I shouldn't have taken them even when I knew they were boys, but they were in such bad condition I felt bad not rescuing them, as they were missing all back and tail feathers.

Thank you so much! I feel so ripped off and mostly am pissed not to have the blue layers I paid so much for and took such great care of. :( And now I must find a good home for these roosters as my neighbors won’t allow them.

Thank you so much! I feel so ripped off and mostly am pissed not to have the blue layers I paid so much for and took such great care of. :( And now I must find a good home for these roosters as my neighbors won’t allow them.
How did you buy them from him? Is there a way you can make it publicly known he rips people off so other people don't end up in the same situation?

Back
Top Bottom