it's sunshine, seriously it's sunny out there. :ya
It was sunny earlier, but now the convergence in near at hand!
They're saying 2-6 by Fri.
1581526602465.png

At my age and experience I think I'm entitled to take more of a supervisory role.
If only there was a subordinate :D been using a hand truck, and a biceps bar, to move weight for years...girls learn that before boys do ;)

That's what happens to my poor Newfoundland, as well. She's fallen down outside, but I've had to pick her up in the kitchen and in the shop (smooth concrete) from splaying out like that. My St. Bernard did it once in the kitchen and cried and cried! I felt awful for her. They get mom voice now if they're causing a ruckus on the linoleum!
Yes, the concrete basement floor was a problem too. Got lots of rubber backed throw rugs. Always worried about an injury, and relieved as hell when he walked away OK after a splay.

It was sunny earlier, but now the convergence in near at hand!
They're saying 2-6 by Fri.
View attachment 2024664

If only there was a subordinate :D been using a hand truck, and a biceps bar, to move weight for years...girls learn that before boys do ;)

Yes, the concrete basement floor was a problem too. Got lots of rubber backed throw rugs. Always worried about an injury, and relieved as hell when he walked away OK after a splay.
My dad had rugs all over his tile floor. He's got two monster St. Bernards. I think they are around 4yrs old, but one already has really bad hips. Poor dear.

My Newfie, Stoli, never gets too concerned or even seems like it hurts her. I accredit that to her always laying on her back with her legs splayed out. Bit of an exhibitionist, that girl :rolleyes:

Good morning clubbers - it's sunshine, seriously it's sunny out there. :ya

My body started seeking retribution at 75, but I keep on doing the things I do so that I can keep on doing the things that I do. More slowly and at a higher physical cost, but the thought of giving in to 'old age' terrifies me.

So that's where the sun was hiding out!

Something happened to Gracie last night (10-yo Sheltie), she came in favoring her left front. I checked her foot and leg but couldn't find anything, and this morning she seemed all "stove up" clear up to her shoulder. I had to carry her up the stairs from our bedroom in the basement but later in the day she managed it on her own, thank goodness. Not sure I could do that very often, I have a hard enough time getting up on my own! She is still cripping a little but not too bad. Wish I knew what happened to her. She has been out late several nights barking at something out there in the woods.

Have wondered this many times over 23 years with dogs.
Stepped on a sharp stick was my usual conclusion....or for older creaky dogs, 'over-did' it.

Old dogs and old people sometimes forget that we are 'no longer 25'. That's my doctor's line when he tries to get me to slow down.

It went into hiding shortly after I posted. Hopefully Gracie will get better. For me rapidly progressing crippling in my dogs has been associated with Lyme disease.

Oh. Hmm. Wouldn't she have been sick or anything? I'll google. She has seemed slow to completely recover since her surgery for fatty tumors. Thanks.

Have wondered this many times over 23 years with dogs.
Stepped on a sharp stick was my usual conclusion....or for older creaky dogs, 'over-did' it.

Over-did it is a possibility. She could have a little arthritis coming on, and yapping at boogymen till 2 am in the rain couldn't have done her any good. I haven't the heart to lock her up though, she cries.

ETA: I will if I have to though....

Oh. Hmm. Wouldn't she have been sick or anything? I'll google. She has seemed slow to completely recover since her surgery for fatty tumors. Thanks.

In my experience Lyme disease in dogs follows an unusual path. I have had many dogs test positive for Lyme disease yet never show symptoms. Those that have had an acute case have shown rapid crippling. Generally starting with lameness, progressing to back involvement, and then going to extreme pain. I doubt that Gracie has the disease - just throwing that out there as something to keep an eye on. I really believe that every one of my dogs has been exposed to Lyme disease - most never develop clinical symptoms. I don't believe in frequent use of antibiotics, but when one of my dogs shows rapid crippling I immediately put them on Doxycycline. If symptoms subside in 24 to 48 hours I keep them on medication for 28 days. If symptoms to not improve in that time frame , I start looking for another cause for the pain.

Back
Top Bottom