Collecting Cool Rocks! Minerals, Crystals, Fossils, Geodes, etc.

Pics
Rock_3_X1063975_01-06-2021-001.jpg
Rock_3_X1063976_01-06-2021-001.jpg

I used to collect cool rocks when I was little, in the driveway and the yard as well as other places. I have only just begun to start collecting them though. I don't care what type of rock it is, if I like it, I keep it lol. Which is why I don't really know half of what I have, only some of the ones I have bought. So if any of you know the official names, feel free to let me know
Top is fluorite from China, bottom is celestite from Madagascar
IMG_0807.JPG

I bought this from a museum, but I don't remember if there was a label identifying it or not
IMG_0809.JPG

I bought this as well from a local vegetable stand last year (seems a bit random, I know lol), but again, I don't remember what its name is
IMG_0812.JPG

The following three photos are rocks that my neighbor gifted to me before she passed away. She was a very sweet old lady, and I am very grateful to have something that she collected herself. She had many more rocks in her collection, but I believe they went to family members (or at least I hope they did). First one is from Canada, second one washed ashore on Washington Island in Wisconsin, and the third one I don't remember
IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

Amethyst, bought from somewhere a long time ago
IMG_0821.JPG

Random collection of small rocks. Some I found, some were bought
IMG_0833.JPG

A rock I found in the yard. I thought its shape was pretty cool looking
IMG_0835.JPG

Another rock I found
IMG_0842.JPG

I have a couple more, but I'll stop now lol.

I used to collect cool rocks when I was little, in the driveway and the yard as well as other places. I have only just begun to start collecting them though. I don't care what type of rock it is, if I like it, I keep it lol. Which is why I don't really know half of what I have, only some of the ones I have bought. So if any of you know the official names, feel free to let me know
Top is fluorite from China, bottom is celestite from Madagascar
View attachment 2479810
I bought this from a museum, but I don't remember if there was a label identifying it or not
View attachment 2479822
I bought this as well from a local vegetable stand last year (seems a bit random, I know lol), but again, I don't remember what its name is
View attachment 2479823
The following three photos are rocks that my neighbor gifted to me before she passed away. She was a very sweet old lady, and I am very grateful to have something that she collected herself. She had many more rocks in her collection, but I believe they went to family members (or at least I hope they did). First one is from Canada, second one washed ashore on Washington Island in Wisconsin, and the third one I don't remember
View attachment 2479841
View attachment 2479846
View attachment 2479850
Amethyst, bought from somewhere a long time ago
View attachment 2479853
Random collection of small rocks. Some I found, some were bought
View attachment 2479860
A rock I found in the yard. I thought its shape was pretty cool looking
View attachment 2479862
Another rock I found
View attachment 2479872
I have a couple more, but I'll stop now lol.

Welcome! I love your collection! The third image, the geode half, looks like an Oco Geode from Brazil.

Back
Top Bottom