Collecting Cool Rocks! Minerals, Crystals, Fossils, Geodes, etc.

Pics
Wow, great thread! Recently I have been studying fossils and petrified wood and stuff a lot! It is so fascinating! I'm fairly sure @Chicken Chiquita likes this kind of stuff too?

Oh, and a few months ago I went to a sort of deserts place with some cousins. One cracked a random rock on the road and found it to be like hard, shiny glass on the inside! We experimented more and found almost all the rocks on that stretch of road were the same, except for a great variety of colors! We thought they were geodes at first, but now I think they were...oh, I can't remember what they are called. It started with an "A".
I do like fossils. I've never studied rocks before tbh, but I'll follow along on this thread and see what I can learn!! Thanks for the tag @PioneerChicks!!

On the last place I grew up, there was a spring under a huge Beech tree. It was full of fossils. Unfortunately my father built a dam around it turning it into a pond. That was the end of fossil collecting there.

There is a ridge high up in the Bighorn Mountains where I have been elk hunting that is covered with fossils. They are all of ocean type critters. I haven't been there in many years either.

On the last place I grew up, there was a spring under a huge Beech tree. It was full of fossils. Unfortunately my father built a dam around it turning it into a pond. That was the end of fossil collecting there.

There is a ridge high up in the Bighorn Mountains where I have been elk hunting that is covered with fossils. They are all of ocean type critters. I haven't been there in many years either.

Time to get some scuba gear and go diving for those pond fossils. :lol:

kSQ85Owh.jpg

PW5CrCSh.jpg

AGTBlmdh.jpg

h9cF5exh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom