Collecting Cool Rocks! Minerals, Crystals, Fossils, Geodes, etc.

Pics
I'm not sure I have anything worth ttrading for but I will definitely send you a box of rocks & wood. I know we have granite, jasper, feldspar, agate, and marble but I can't tell one from another. Lol. We have several of these natural "rock beds".
View attachment 2519615
And tons of this. I think it may be feldspar but I'm not sure.
View attachment 2519617

And agate?
View attachment 2519623
One of the creeks that I used to fish in had lots of serpentine in it.

I'm not sure I have anything worth ttrading for but I will definitely send you a box of rocks & wood. I know we have granite, jasper, feldspar, agate, and marble but I can't tell one from another. Lol. We have several of these natural "rock beds".
View attachment 2519615
View attachment 2519617

And agate?
View attachment 2519623
Wow! Its like shell hunting on captiva Island at your place. Just reach down and look i found somethin cool.

I find alot of geodes and "Indian beads" here. We have lots of limestone & shale.

@B-Goock I had to google Indian beads. Very cool. We too have limestone, in fact the next county over is Limestone County.
@R2elk I wish we had serpentine but as far as I know we don't.
I tried to read the geological reports for our state but Texas is so large that east Texas just wasn't well covered.

Oh, by the way, I found this yesterday. It's supposed to freeze mid next week, so hopefully he crawled back in his hole.
20210204_145043.jpg

View attachment 2519615
View attachment 2519617

And agate?
View attachment 2519623

Such colorful river rocks! You have lots of variety there!
I finally took a few pictures. I actually have A LOT more so if you're looking for something in particular just let me know! I would love to put some of your petrified wood in my tumbler to see what it does. :)

I have a ton of different fluorescent stones if you have a 365nm UV flashlight. I find fluorescent and phosphorescent stones so cool. :) Chalcedony, water agate, etc.
2-7-21 fluorescent.jpg

Some tumbled agates, a small tiger eye sphere, a tiny celestite heart, shivas eye shell carved like a heart (I drilled some for pendants so if you want one with a pendant just let me know!)
2-7-21 rocks (3).JPG

I have some really beautiful small pieces of golden rutilated quartz.
2-7-21 rocks (1).JPG

Larimar (Pectolite), but if you look it up don't get too excited, I know it's an expensive stone but these are not top quality. They're still quite beautiful in my opinion though!
2-7-21 rocks (2).JPG

Let me know if any of this looks like something you would like to add to your collection!

Such colorful river rocks! You have lots of variety there!
I finally took a few pictures. I actually have A LOT more so if you're looking for something in particular just let me know! I would love to put some of your petrified wood in my tumbler to see what it does. :)

I have a ton of different fluorescent stones if you have a 365nm UV flashlight. I find fluorescent and phosphorescent stones so cool. :) Chalcedony, water agate, etc.
View attachment 2520566

Some tumbled agates, a small tiger eye sphere, a tiny celestite heart, shivas eye shell carved like a heart (I drilled some for pendants so if you want one with a pendant just let me know!)
View attachment 2520564

I have some really beautiful small pieces of golden rutilated quartz.
View attachment 2520562

Larimar (Pectolite), but if you look it up don't get too excited, I know it's an expensive stone but these are not top quality. They're still quite beautiful in my opinion though!
View attachment 2520563

Let me know if any of this looks like something you would like to add to your collection!
They are all so pretty. I love them all. Just send me a suprise!
This is what I'll send. Look back at my past pics if you have time. Is there anything else you'd like?
20210207_140436.jpg

I'll also gather up some more petrified wood to include.

They are all so pretty. I love them all. Just send me a suprise!
This is what I'll send. Look back at my past pics if you have time. Is there anything else you'd like?
View attachment 2520586
I'll also gather up some more petrified wood to include.

This is perfect! Thank you! I'll send you a message.

That petrified wood is cool.

Funny story. My step son found a small piece of ruby at one of those gem mining tourist traps. We went to a rock shop later that week and I told him he should go get it from the car along with a couple other semi valuables and see what they are worth. While he was gone we convinced the jewelry lady to tell him it was glass and play it off like it was worthless.
I know awful but he likes playing some games on other people so turn around is fair play.
She eyeballed it discriminatingly and played it like a true actor. As soon as it sunk in on him we laughed and admitted we pulled his leg.

That petrified wood is cool.

Funny story. My step son found a small piece of ruby at one of those gem mining tourist traps. We went to a rock shop later that week and I told him he should go get it from the car along with a couple other semi valuables and see what they are worth. While he was gone we convinced the jewelry lady to tell him it was glass and play it off like it was worthless.
I know awful but he likes playing some games on other people so turn around is fair play.
She eyeballed it discriminatingly and played it like a true actor. As soon as it sunk in on him we laughed and admitted we pulled his leg.

Oh my gosh, I would have been a mess as a kid!

Back
Top Bottom