Color of EE chicks as adults?

haunani

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2017
near Rockford, IL
I know it's really a waiting game, but any guesses as to what colors my EE chicks will be as adults?

I'm guessing they're about a week old (wing feathers, but no tail feathers, yet).

The dark one on the right has the classic chipmunk striping. The yellow one is the middle does have some light blue/grey on its head/back.

Last edited:
It's fun to guess, but a waiting game.  The chick on the left is blue, and the other two may have mixed coloring.  Cute!  Mary
I know, lol. I'm an impatient person by nature, so I'd love to play guessing games as to what they might look like when they grow up. :)

I was hoping that one was blue. That's the one my son (4.5yo) picked. I tried to get 3 that looked very different and think I succeeded.

I've had a lot of EEs over the years, and you really never know what they'll look like exactly as they mature, but the darker chicks will be darker adults, yellow chicks will be white, and very pale tan

chicks will be wheaten or light in color. Your blue chick is a given - it will be blue. But sorry there's no real way to know beyond that generalization. Of these four chicks pictured, the two on the left side of the pod were very dark striped when babies, while the two on the right side were light tan. These are pretty average in appearance.

EEs are my most affectionate chickens, climbing into my lap at every opportunity, and moaning (yes, moaning) in ecstasy when cuddled.

Not to muddy the water but here is my only EE and she looks pretty different as a teenager than she did as a chick... in the teenage picture she is the one on the right-next to my SLW. She looks like a little hawk, but I'm shocked by the amount of white on her. Her other dominant color is brown.

Last edited:
Got that right, Lazy! EEs are the "Whitman's Sampler" of chickens!

And I was surprised to find one of my EEs has no beard and muffs. Lays an olive egg.

Back
Top Bottom