Colorado

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by tsgreer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. wattsjadajoe

wattsjadajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Avondale, Colorado
    My Coop
    Yea! I'm thinking about calling it the Coo Coo Zoo!!!
    [​IMG]

I'm going to the swap in Pueblo West on Saturday.... going to thin out some of my girls..... Donna wants them to leave the farm with their heads attached!!! [​IMG]

One way to stay married as long as we have been! (31 years!) [​IMG]

Joe

2. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

Where is that swap? I have two boys in need of new homes.

3. wattsjadajoe

Aug 15, 2011
    Avondale, Colorado
    My Coop
    Sweeney's in Pueblo West. (7am-11am)
    And then at Reride in Penrose (11am-3pm) I have not gone to the Penrose location.
    Contact information: 719-320-3092

4. gardendufus

gardendufus Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, the plate underneath is certainly flimsy. Looks like just a plastic lid. Some kind of heavy dish with a lip would work well for me. And if my birds played with it, I don't think they could waste more food than they do now.

5. gardendufus

Again, I'm sure that might happen. But I wouldn't think much. Mostly they are going to have their faces in it. I bet you could figure out some kind of barrier like a large opening wire, which would allow the hens to get to both the trigger and the plate, but still keep their bodies off the plate. Just thinkin

6. wsmith

wsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Joe,
    Do you know if Sweeny's sells whole wheat?

7. wsmith

You have Beth and me beat by 4 years![​IMG]

8. gardendufus

Ok, I need someone who knows something about squirrels. For the last couple weeks I have been getting only 1 or 2 eggs a day. I put this down to both a reaction to the dog attack that killed a couple of their coop mates, and just the normal fall shutdown because of short days.

Today, I wandered into my coop to collect today's egg. To my surprise, there was a squirrel inside my coop, which RAPIIDLY exited. So, he was probably only there after the food pellets. But, would squirrels steal/eat eggs???

I must say I'm disappointed that my birds allowed a squirrel into the run, which it had to have been in in order to get into the coop.

BAD BIRDS.

9. wsmith

DON"T use plastic!

Use one of the big Holiday cookie tins and cut it down.

10. wattsjadajoe

Aug 15, 2011
    Avondale, Colorado
    My Coop
    I have only purchased wheat from BigR..and that was bran for my mealies! Not sure about it.
    Last I knew..Donna and I are the longest married couple from 2 graduating classes at the same high school. (And our son is 29 [​IMG])

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by